Broken wrist

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Diatad, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Diatad

Diatad New Member

Hello,
    Yesterday i was riding on a bike path, going 19 mph, and a little kid ran out in to the bike path. I had no time to respond (i thought of the dog at TdF, i guess a little kid is about as stupid as a grown dog), hit the child, flipped over the handlebars onto my head and broke my wrist. Now it is in a cast for 4 weeks.
    What can i do to make sure i dont lose upper body strength? I do pushups and pullups dialy (no weight training) and am wondering if theres something i can do to compensate.
    As for the cycling, have any of you ridden with a broken wrist? Im considering it, the doctor told me to avoid cardio for a week because the sight might swell but after that i was alright to run and do stationary bike, which i would consider taking to a moving bike.

Tags:

2. Steezlo

Steezlo New Member

I know it's not what you want to hear but lay off for just a bit. Depending on you I would say at least 4 weeks....I know I know, and this is a lot easier for me to say than it is to do because I've been in the same boat before w/ injuries, but ultimately rest is what's going to get you healed the quickest, and then back stronger than before.