BROL a study in hypocrisy and corruption

Ed Gin

Guest
For those who follow BROL and their ideals, a primary objective as of
late is the elimination of any references to Monkey Island specifically
as they claim the site's posts posed a disastrous effect on their little
niche of a community.

Just yesterday, SJ the owner of the now defunct Monkey Island site
stipulated he has the weblogs to prove the source of the vile posts from
the isle.

Apparantly upstanding members of the recumbent community AND
manufacturers were the responsible parties!

BROL, it's members, siteowner Bryan Ball, and it's manufacturers /
advertisers need look no further than themselves for their source of
anguish and concern.

This occurance adds to the string of corruption within BROL's own ranks
as they fail to acknowledge their own faults and continue to point the
finger elsewhere. Their policy of banning, editing, and deleting
posts is ludricous.

The below material was onsite for 4 hours prior to removal.
Interestingly, BROL left the rest of the post intact. See it at their
forums under HPV racing, last page of RAMM revisited thread.

Clearly a case of censorship, fear, and denial of facts presented,
BROL is a fine example of hypocrisy.

Ed Gin

Below is the portion excised:

I have the weblogs to prove it. The worshipful 'bent masses would be
VERY surprised to see which "leading and upstanding" members of the
recumbent community --including manufacturers -- were among the most
vile posters on Monkey Island -- may it rest in peace.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:59:45 GMT, Ed Gin <[email protected]> wrote:

>For those who follow BROL and their ideals, a primary objective as of
>late is the elimination of any references to Monkey Island specifically
>as they claim the site's posts posed a disastrous effect on their little
>niche of a community.

Here is a full and exhaustive list of all those who care:

That is all.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

"Ed Gin" <[email protected]> wrote and cross posted
[newsgroups trimmed]

> Clearly a case of censorship,

Perhaps, but only within the context of private publishing
choices.

> BROL is a fine example of [...]

Private enterprise.

> [...] hypocrisy.

Such assertions seem well suited for a pot and kettle
didactic color commentary. Betting on the dead horse
to win, place, or show?

Jon Meinecke

Ed Gin said:
[...]

Is it not whitewashing with a wide brush that will set things aright with the bent world.If you have a credibility problem whose fault is it?Agood name has great value in this world,you should look at getting one.

After all your childish ravings about a certain bike that were
plastered all over usenet, do you really think anyone gives a ****
about anything you have to say on any subject at all?

I am glad you are banned from BROL. It is a much nicer place because
you are not there.

As far as I am concerned, you can eat **** and bark at the moon.

blah blah blah wrote:
> After all your childish ravings about a certain bike that were
> plastered all over usenet, do you really think anyone gives a ****
> about anything you have to say on any subject at all?
>
> I am glad you are banned from BROL. It is a much nicer place because
> you are not there.
>
> As far as I am concerned, you can eat **** and bark at the moon.

ROTFLMAO! This diatribe makes BROL so much more enjoyable and
civilized. This "my tinker-toy beats your tinker-toy" nonsense is so
stupid, that it is enjoyable (as well as cheap advertising for
tinker-toys). Gotta spend dieing recumbent days somehow! (Or didn't
I hear that question in 1992?)

Santa Cruz is doing a big turn around- from bike friendly to a bike
unfriendly place; with no recumbents as in past years, no mayors ride
show, lousy roads with those dangerous patches, car drivers acting like
left overs from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome- addicted to oil, and so on.
Between this nocom, frequent religious jabs and this unvanishing tempt
of intellectual one-up-manship ; this keyboard pastime is humorous as
well as a way to spend time.

With the highboys vanishing from Santa Cruz, I will have to find
something else to beat soundly. Until then I have imaginary babbling
to pacify my spare time on the computer.

And Gee! Aren't those tinker-toys durable! (hee hee hee).