Brompton Bike - But do other brands of bag fit a Brompton?

lila2609

Jul 8, 2011
I have a tricky situation.
I have a Brompton and want either a handlebar bag or panniers to fit it. My lovely husband bought me some Wiggle vouchers to do this - lovely how sweet - problem - Wiggle don't sell Brompton merchandise!
I have £100 voucher and wondered if anyone knew of other brands that can fit or be adapted for a Brompton?
I read a blog where someone had adapted an Ortleib handlebar bag but the one they had isn't on Wiggle's site.
Ideally I need it to fit my 14.5 inch laptop.
Any help, tips or advice is greatly appreciated.
Ruth

It looks like any small panniers would fit. Most handlebar bags are made to fit a wide variety of handlebars, but Bromptons have some of teh strangest handlebars that I have ever seen. Anyway, you could probably get away with a standard handle bar bag on the P-type and S-type bikes. You may have to adapt your handlebar bag to fit the M-type.

My suggestion is that you use the Wiggle vouchers for cycling clothing, helmets, and such. For your bags and panniers, go on over to Bicycle Doctor on 68 Dickenson Road and pay full price for the Brompton bags instead of trying to adapt a different bag to your bike.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I have helmet, jacket and all that stuff hence my dilemma. I'll check out panniers as that may be the way forward.
Much appreciated - have a great weekend