Brompton Brooks Saddle

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with then I would be very
    interested in buying it. Standard or Ti rails.

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Smudger wrote:
    > If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with then I would be very
    > interested in buying it. Standard or Ti rails.

    I get on very well with mine is the bad news for you, but this is just in info point that I found
    it a *huge* increase in comfort over the standard saddle supplied, and has been well worth the
    full price IMHO. Ti rails struck me as a bit over the top for a runabout, so I saved my money and
    got steel.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Smudger wrote:
    > > If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with
    then
    > > I would be very interested in buying it. Standard or Ti rails.
    >
    > I get on very well with mine is the bad news for you, but this is just in info point that I found
    > it a *huge* increase in comfort over the standard saddle supplied, and has been well worth the
    > full price IMHO. Ti rails struck me as a bit over the top for a runabout, so I saved my money and
    > got steel.
    >
    > Pete.
    > --
    > Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells
    > Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    > http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

    Thanks for the info. It's not a bad buy with the steel rails so I think I'll go for it.

  4. > If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with then I would be very
    > interested in buying it.

    Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
    Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.

    Mark van Gorkom.

  5. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Mark van Gorkom wrote:

    > Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
    > Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.

    More or less a B17 but with an adapter for the Brom seatpost as standard. It's made specifically for
    Brompton by Brooks and should be available from any Brompton dealer as either an option on ordering
    the bike or on its own either with steel or Ti rails, though no particular reason to bother if
    you've already got some flavour of decent saddle on your bike.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Mark van Gorkom wrote:
    >
    > > Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
    > > Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.
    >
    > More or less a B17 but with an adapter for the Brom seatpost as standard.

    Remember the handle (though painful on the shoulders.) Is that specific to the Brompton Brooks?

    Colin

  7. Trog Woolley

    Trog Woolley Guest

    While stranded on the hard shoulder of the information super highway [email protected] typed:
    > Mark van Gorkom wrote:
    >
    >> Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
    >> Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.
    >
    > More or less a B17 but with an adapter for the Brom seatpost as standard. It's made specifically
    > for Brompton by Brooks and should be available from any Brompton dealer as either an option on
    > ordering the bike or on its own either with steel or Ti rails, though no particular reason to
    > bother if you've already got some flavour of decent saddle on your bike.

    I'n not sure about there being an adapter; I bought a "standard" B17 for my Brommie and it bolted
    straight on. I wasn't prepared to pay the extra cash for the Bromptonified B17, which AFAIK just has
    bigger rivets and a Brompton label on the back.

    --
    Trog Woolley | trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk (A Croweater back residing in Pommie
    Land with Linux) Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna

  8. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Trog Woolley wrote:

    > I'n not sure about there being an adapter; I bought a "standard" B17 for my Brommie and it bolted
    > straight on.

    My B17 went onto the micro-adjust head of my MTB seatpost. The Brompton doesn't have one of those so
    it wouldn't have worked. So I suppose it depends what you mean by "standard"...