Brompton Brooks Saddle

Smudger

Guest
If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with then I would be very
interested in buying it. Standard or Ti rails.

Smudger wrote:
> If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with then I would be very
> interested in buying it. Standard or Ti rails.

I get on very well with mine is the bad news for you, but this is just in info point that I found
it a *huge* increase in comfort over the standard saddle supplied, and has been well worth the
full price IMHO. Ti rails struck me as a bit over the top for a runabout, so I saved my money and
got steel.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

"Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Smudger wrote:
> > If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with
then
> > I would be very interested in buying it. Standard or Ti rails.
>
> I get on very well with mine is the bad news for you, but this is just in info point that I found
> it a *huge* increase in comfort over the standard saddle supplied, and has been well worth the
> full price IMHO. Ti rails struck me as a bit over the top for a runabout, so I saved my money and
> got steel.
>
> Pete.
> --
> Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells
> Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
> http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Thanks for the info. It's not a bad buy with the steel rails so I think I'll go for it.

> If anyone has a Brooks Brompton specific saddle they don't get on with then I would be very
> interested in buying it.

Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.

Mark van Gorkom.

Mark van Gorkom wrote:

> Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
> Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.

More or less a B17 but with an adapter for the Brom seatpost as standard. It's made specifically for
Brompton by Brooks and should be available from any Brompton dealer as either an option on ordering
the bike or on its own either with steel or Ti rails, though no particular reason to bother if
you've already got some flavour of decent saddle on your bike.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

> Mark van Gorkom wrote:
>
> > Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
> > Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.
>
> More or less a B17 but with an adapter for the Brom seatpost as standard.

Remember the handle (though painful on the shoulders.) Is that specific to the Brompton Brooks?

Colin

While stranded on the hard shoulder of the information super highway [email protected] typed:
> Mark van Gorkom wrote:
>
>> Wasn't aware of a Brompton specific Brooks; kindly enlighten me! Tried out a few and put a
>> Profesionel S on mine: a GREAT improvement.
>
> More or less a B17 but with an adapter for the Brom seatpost as standard. It's made specifically
> for Brompton by Brooks and should be available from any Brompton dealer as either an option on
> ordering the bike or on its own either with steel or Ti rails, though no particular reason to
> bother if you've already got some flavour of decent saddle on your bike.

I'n not sure about there being an adapter; I bought a "standard" B17 for my Brommie and it bolted
straight on. I wasn't prepared to pay the extra cash for the Bromptonified B17, which AFAIK just has
bigger rivets and a Brompton label on the back.

--
Trog Woolley | trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk (A Croweater back residing in Pommie
Land with Linux) Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna

Trog Woolley wrote:

> I'n not sure about there being an adapter; I bought a "standard" B17 for my Brommie and it bolted
> straight on.

My B17 went onto the micro-adjust head of my MTB seatpost. The Brompton doesn't have one of those so
it wouldn't have worked. So I suppose it depends what you mean by "standard"...