Brompton gearing question

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve Watkin, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    What is the largest rear sprocket that will fit on to the Sprinter hub gear on my T5? The limitation
    seems to be that an excessively large one would hit the rear of the horizontal frame tube on the
    rear triangle Presently I have a 13t on the back and a 44t at the front. My aim is to reduce the
    overall gearing of my Brompton economically.

    Tags:

  2. David Hansen

    David Hansen Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:28:41 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Steve
    Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote this:-

    >What is the largest rear sprocket that will fit on to the Sprinter hub gear on my T5?

    I suspect that the answer is given near the bottom of
    http://www.bromptonbicycle.co.uk/specification.htm

  3. Pmailkeey

    Pmailkeey Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:16:07 +0000, David Hansen
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    :)On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:28:41 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Steve )Watkin"
    :<[email protected]> wrote this:- ) )>What is the largest rear sprocket that will fit on
    :to the Sprinter hub gear )>on my T5? ) )I suspect that the answer is given near the bottom of
    :)http://www.bromptonbicycle.co.uk/specification.htm )

    14T is the standard largest sprocket. 44T is the standard smallest on the BB. I don't know whether
    there is any reason that couldn't be smaller ?

    For Brompton questions, have you considered subscribing to the BromptonTalk e-mail list ?

    mailto:[email protected]
    --
    Comm again, Mike.

  4. Hello, I have a 16 tooth rear on a 5 speeder. Its possible to put up to 16 but after that you must
    simply dent the rear seatstay part of the frame to get an even larger cog on. Front no point in
    going lower than 38 as shown on one of my Brompton. Regards, John.

    --

    news:[email protected]...