Brompton query- where best for a bottle carrier?

Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?

I can wedge one in the rear frame - until I fold.

can get one in and out of the pouch (that comes with the waterproof
bike cover( tied to the back of the - until I fold.

The "crossbar" I need to grab hold of during portage.

If I could get one to clip around the seat tube behind the saddle,
could I reach it at the lights?

Any suggestions thirstily considered!

--
Charles
Brompton P-type T6 in Motspur Park

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:04:30 +0100, [email protected]m said
in <[email protected]>:

>Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?

The pockets of the standard pannier are a perfect fit for a bottle.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

[email protected]m wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?
>
> I can wedge one in the rear frame - until I fold.
>
> can get one in and out of the pouch (that comes with the waterproof
> bike cover( tied to the back of the - until I fold.
>
> The "crossbar" I need to grab hold of during portage.
>
> If I could get one to clip around the seat tube behind the saddle,
> could I reach it at the lights?
>
> Any suggestions thirstily considered!

If you mount it on the stem you can find a position that is out of the
way of the fold and is reachable. Zefal Gizmos are good for attaching
it. Otherwise there are bottle cages (Minoura I think) that mount behind
the saddle which should also be out of the way of the fold.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected]m says...
> Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?
>
> I can wedge one in the rear frame - until I fold.
>
> can get one in and out of the pouch (that comes with the waterproof
> bike cover( tied to the back of the - until I fold.
>
> The "crossbar" I need to grab hold of during portage.
>
> If I could get one to clip around the seat tube behind the saddle,
> could I reach it at the lights?
>
> Any suggestions thirstily considered!

One of these?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=5360016510

Quoting <[email protected]>:
>Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?

I store mine in the front pocket of the Touring Pannier, which can be
reached with contortions while moving.
Today is First Saturday, August - a weekend.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting <[email protected]>:
>> Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?

> I store mine in the front pocket of the Touring Pannier, which can be
> reached with contortions while moving.

I keep mine in one of the rear pockets of the standard pannier, which
can be reached with no contortions at all while moving. The folding
basket would give you fairly direct storage in the, errr, folding basket.

If you hadn't already gathered that Brom's own luggage is highly rated
here, than take this as a reminder! ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On Aug 27, 4:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?
>
> Any suggestions thirstily considered!

This isn't a Brompton, and I've never owned a Brompton so don't know
if this is practical, but you may like to try mounting the bottle like
this:

<http://deaves47.users.btopenworld.com/bikes/P1000.jpg>

PhilD

--
<><

PhilD wrote:

>On Aug 27, 4:04 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> Where can a bottle best be stored on a Brompton?
>>
>> Any suggestions thirstily considered!

>This isn't a Brompton, and I've never owned a Brompton so don't know
>if this is practical, but you may like to try mounting the bottle like
>this:
>
><http://deaves47.users.btopenworld.com/bikes/P1000.jpg>

It's a matter of finding somewhere to mount the cage that won't
interfere with the fold.

I wish that these handy things were imported to the UK
http://www.cyclelink.com.au/images/qb90.gif

Rob Morley wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
>[email protected] says...
>
>> I wish that these handy things were imported to the UK
>> http://www.cyclelink.com.au/images/qb90.gif
>>

>How about this one (a double)
>http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=4766&src=froogle
>
>I really wouldn't be hard to make something anyway.

That is fixed. The Minoura QB-90 is quick release.

I have hummmed and haawed about molishing something from a q/r light
bracket.

But a friend is coming from Oz next month and he's been sent
fossicking in Australian Bike Shops.