Brooks panniers - are they _that_ good?

David Pipes

Guest
A pair of second hand Brooks panniers just sold on e-bay for £41.00 + £4.50 postage. BikeWizard has
new ones for sale at £39.95, postage free. Am I missing something here?
--
DP

In message <[email protected]>, David Pipes
<[email protected]> writes
>A pair of second hand Brooks panniers just sold on e-bay for £41.00 + £4.50 postage. BikeWizard has
>new ones for sale at £39.95, postage free. Am I missing something here?

That there a surprising number of people who buy things on ebay without it seems ever using the web
to find out how much the cost.

Not just cycling stuff, all sorts of things.

I guess they just assume that it must be cheaper.
--
Chris French, Leeds

David Pipes wrote:
> A pair of second hand Brooks panniers just sold on e-bay for =A341.00 +=
=20
> =A34.50 postage. BikeWizard has new ones for sale at =A339.95, postage free. Am I missing
> something here?

Some people are **** when it comes to eBay. The Brooks panniers reviews =

I've seen (not seen them for Real) have said they're okay, but hardly in =

the Altura/Ortlieb/Carradice etc. league.

Pete. --=20 Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics,
Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

David Pipes wrote:
> A pair of second hand Brooks panniers just sold on e-bay for £41.00 + £4.50 postage. BikeWizard
> has new ones for sale at £39.95, postage free. Am I missing something here?

Yes, about £1.05 and £4.50 postage :)

--
Guy
===

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:22:48 +0000, David Pipes <[email protected]> wrote:

>A pair of second hand Brooks panniers just sold on e-bay for £41.00 + £4.50 postage. BikeWizard has
>new ones for sale at £39.95, postage free. Am I missing something here?

I can beat that (I'm actually rather ashamed of this). A while ago I listed a cheapo Littlewoods
cycling computer, wireless thing that they sell retail for 15 quid. I started it at a fiver, the
bidding went to £41 and change. I thought someone was playing silly buggers but sure enough the
cheque arrived in the post a few days later. I felt ever so guilty cashing it, taking a fellow
cyclists money in that way but... *shrug*

To make me feel even worse the thing had only cost me something like £2.50. Bought it online from
Littlewodds when they were doing a "15 pounds off your first internet order!" promotion. They had
forgotten to specify a minimum spend and so it only cost me the postage.

Bob