Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Brooks saddle got wet and stretched...

Started by canonjoj · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,821 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
8 August 2005
Last activity
9 August 2005
Original author
canonjoj
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,821
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently bought a Brooks B17 Narrow from the UK (live in Germany) and was very happy with it - breaking in nicely. After about 2 weeks riding I forgot to put a cover over it and it got drenched in a storm. I let it dry for 24 hrs and it seemed ok, then rode it to work and back (10km). By the time I got home the two sit-points had stretched and I was sitting against the rear frame 😠 Let's just say it became very uncomfortable!
    Is there any way to get it back into shape? I was thinking of getting it wet again, at least in the areas where it stretched most and then using a hair dryer on gentle/warm flow to get it to shrink a bit? Probably not a good idea?
    Any help very much appreciated.
    Jonathan

  2. canonjoj said:

    I recently bought a Brooks B17 Narrow from the UK (live in Germany) and was very happy with it - breaking in nicely. After about 2 weeks riding I forgot to put a cover over it and it got drenched in a storm. I let it dry for 24 hrs and it seemed ok, then rode it to work and back (10km). By the time I got home the two sit-points had stretched and I was sitting against the rear frame 😠 Let's just say it became very uncomfortable!
    Is there any way to get it back into shape? I was thinking of getting it wet again, at least in the areas where it stretched most and then using a hair dryer on gentle/warm flow to get it to shrink a bit? Probably not a good idea?
    Any help very much appreciated.
    Jonathan

    Contact Wallingford Bicycle Parts. www.wallbike.com or 1-888-731-3537

    They are experts on Brooks saddles. They are in the US (Louisiana) but may be able to help you by email.

  3. This happened to me not long after I got mine. I merely tightened it up somewhat and kept it religously covered thereafter. That was 18000k's ago and it seems OK so far. A slight tighten every 3 or 4 months if needed. I use shoe polish on it monthly

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.