Brooks saddle got wet and stretched...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by canonjoj, Aug 8, 2005.

1. canonjoj

canonjoj New Member

I recently bought a Brooks B17 Narrow from the UK (live in Germany) and was very happy with it - breaking in nicely. After about 2 weeks riding I forgot to put a cover over it and it got drenched in a storm. I let it dry for 24 hrs and it seemed ok, then rode it to work and back (10km). By the time I got home the two sit-points had stretched and I was sitting against the rear frame :mad: Let's just say it became very uncomfortable!
    Is there any way to get it back into shape? I was thinking of getting it wet again, at least in the areas where it stretched most and then using a hair dryer on gentle/warm flow to get it to shrink a bit? Probably not a good idea?
    Any help very much appreciated.
    Jonathan

Tags:

2. John M

John M New Member

Contact Wallingford Bicycle Parts. www.wallbike.com or 1-888-731-3537

They are experts on Brooks saddles. They are in the US (Louisiana) but may be able to help you by email.

3. athoma00

athoma00 New Member

This happened to me not long after I got mine. I merely tightened it up somewhat and kept it religously covered thereafter. That was 18000k's ago and it seems OK so far. A slight tighten every 3 or 4 months if needed. I use shoe polish on it monthly