Brooks Saddles - Breaking in, care, tensioning

Group: rec.bicycles.tech Date: Thu, Sep 28, 2006, 8:43am From:
[email protected]lid ((PeteCresswell))

>Per Cyclopath! - Keiron:

>>I decided to use baseball glove
>>conditioner for its care, mainly because
>>its lying around and sheldon says its
>>okay, but the instructions on the bottle
>>are vauge.

>Bad idea.
>--
>PeteCresswell

Good recommendation. I have ridden Brooks saddles from the mid
seventies, and have never had any luck with anything other than Brooks'
recommendations : ProofHide and ride it!

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

Messages sent to the above "E" addy will be lost forever! If you want to
E-mail me:

ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

"Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 9/29/2006 2:34 PM Andrew Price wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:57:30 -0700, "* * Chas"

<[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I have 3 "tins" of pink colored (coloured for you Brits) Profhide

> > "Proofide" for the Brits (and probably for most everyone else,

too...)

> or
>
> http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/people/r.hide
>
> -- mike elliott

Prof Hide eh? If you do a Google search you will find a lot of others
who have made the same typo or speeling error.

I've looked it up several times in the past and I thout I had it rite.

Chas.

jim beam <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> landotter wrote:<snip>
> > After
>> you're done, buy a WTB Speed-V, and sell the Brooks on Ebay.
>>

> ain't that the truth!

My B17 replaced a Speed-V, and I haven't looked back.