Brooks saddles retailer in NSW

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Peter Miller, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Peter Miller

    Peter Miller Guest

    Can anyone tell me of a bike shop in NSW that stocks Brooks saddles. I am
    seeking a Brooks B-17 standard saddle and have been unable to locate one.
    Phantom Cycles is advertising them but were unable to supply one. I have
    searched with Google with no success. Any help appreciated.

    Peter Miller

    Tags:

  2. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    I'd suggest purchasing via Internet from the UK. Several places sell them
    for under STG30, and even with postage added that will probably be cheaper
    than the AU price.

    Alternatively, If you can find a Pro S, it's the same width as the B-17,
    just has a shorter nose. I have B-17 on one bike and Pro S on another and
    they feel the same to sit on. I've seen the Pro S for sale at a couple of
    the local bike shops here in Canberra, so you should be able to find one in
    Sydney.

    Nick

    "Peter Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone tell me of a bike shop in NSW that stocks Brooks saddles. I am
    > seeking a Brooks B-17 standard saddle and have been unable to locate one.
    > Phantom Cycles is advertising them but were unable to supply one. I have
    > searched with Google with no success. Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Peter Miller

  3. Jack Russell

    Jack Russell Guest

    Peter Miller wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me of a bike shop in NSW that stocks Brooks saddles. I am
    > seeking a Brooks B-17 standard saddle and have been unable to locate one.
    > Phantom Cycles is advertising them but were unable to supply one. I have
    > searched with Google with no success. Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Peter Miller

    Try Clarence Street, otherwise buy from the UK St Johns Street or the
    CTC shop.

  4. "Peter Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone tell me of a bike shop in NSW that stocks Brooks saddles. I am
    > seeking a Brooks B-17 standard saddle and have been unable to locate one.
    > Phantom Cycles is advertising them but were unable to supply one. I have
    > searched with Google with no success. Any help appreciated.

    The best price that I have found for Brooks saddles is from the US via
    Wallingford Bike Parts - www.wallbike.com

    They have all the Brooks range. I bought the Conquest, which has springs,
    for a cost of $165 total. The B17 will cost you about $80. They shipped it
    to me in about 8 days.

    Cheers
    Peter

  5. casurina99

    casurina99 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2004
    Similar Experience from Wallingford - Arrived in 2 days from order!! (posted to Singapore at the time) Cheap, direct, and when you call them you get to listen to a cracker of an accent!! :)

  6. Peter Miller

    Peter Miller Guest

    "casurina99" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Peter Signorini Wrote:
    > > "Peter Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Can anyone tell me of a bike shop in NSW that stocks Brooks saddles.

    > > I am
    > > > seeking a Brooks B-17 standard saddle and have been unable to locate

    > > one.
    > > > Phantom Cycles is advertising them but were unable to supply one. I

    > > have
    > > > searched with Google with no success. Any help appreciated.

    > > The best price that I have found for Brooks saddles is from the US via
    > > Wallingford Bike Parts - 'www.wallbike.com' (http://www.wallbike.com/)
    > >
    > > They have all the Brooks range. I bought the Conquest, which has
    > > springs,
    > > for a cost of $165 total. The B17 will cost you about $80. They shipped
    > > it
    > > to me in about 8 days.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Peter

    > Similar Experience from Wallingford - Arrived in 2 days from order!!
    > (posted to Singapore at the time) Cheap, direct, and when you call them
    > you get to listen to a cracker of an accent!! :)

    > casurina99

    Thanks to those who replied to my post. I ordered a Brooks B-17 Champion
    Special from Wallingford Bicycles in New Orleans and it arrived 6 days
    later. First ride on it was today and first impressions are all good. Cost
    was $85 US for the saddle and $25 US for express freight USPS.

    Peter