Brooks saddles springs all squeek

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Pearlma, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. I have four B-67 Brooks saddles and the springs all squeek especially when climbing. I've squirted
    them with WD-40 and later with silicone spray but neither helps. Any suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    Michael Pearlman wrote:

    > I have four B-67 Brooks saddles and the springs all squeek especially when climbing. I've squirted
    > them with WD-40 and later with silicone spray but neither helps. Any suggestions?

    You're not using enough Savlon in yer shorts ;-)

    John B

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Michael Pearlman wrote:
    > I have four B-67 Brooks saddles and the springs all squeek especially when climbing. I've squirted
    > them with WD-40 and later with silicone spray but neither helps. Any suggestions?

    Try a better lube like oil or spray grease, and ensure spring nuts are tight.

    ~PB

  4. >Try a better lube like oil or spray grease, and ensure spring nuts are tight.

    Indeed, it does no good to have loose nuts, especially in the spring. It can lead to lost nuts and a
    high-pitched voice inevitably follows as you see your nuts rolling down the road without you.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. In my experience a good spraying with wd40 always stops the squeaking.

  6. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

  7. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Sandy Morton wrote:

    > WD40 is basically a moisture dispersant - it is not a lubricant.

    Light oil is a lubricant and WD40 contains light oil - which does not all evapourate rapidy. Thicker
    and longer lasting lube is better, though.

    ~PB

  8. >Indeed, it does no good to have loose nuts, especially in the spring. It can lead to lost nuts and
    >a high-pitched voice inevitably follows as you see your nuts rolling down the road without you.
    >
    >Cheers, helen s
    You're a goil; how would you know about a thing like that....?