Brooks saddles springs all squeek

• Thread starter Michael Pearlma
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Pearlma

I have four B-67 Brooks saddles and the springs all squeek especially when climbing. I've squirted
them with WD-40 and later with silicone spray but neither helps. Any suggestions?

Michael Pearlman wrote:

> I have four B-67 Brooks saddles and the springs all squeek especially when climbing. I've squirted
> them with WD-40 and later with silicone spray but neither helps. Any suggestions?

You're not using enough Savlon in yer shorts ;-)

John B

Michael Pearlman wrote:
> I have four B-67 Brooks saddles and the springs all squeek especially when climbing. I've squirted
> them with WD-40 and later with silicone spray but neither helps. Any suggestions?

Try a better lube like oil or spray grease, and ensure spring nuts are tight.

~PB

>Try a better lube like oil or spray grease, and ensure spring nuts are tight.

Indeed, it does no good to have loose nuts, especially in the spring. It can lead to lost nuts and a
high-pitched voice inevitably follows as you see your nuts rolling down the road without you.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

In my experience a good spraying with wd40 always stops the squeaking.

Sandy Morton wrote:

> WD40 is basically a moisture dispersant - it is not a lubricant.

Light oil is a lubricant and WD40 contains light oil - which does not all evapourate rapidy. Thicker
and longer lasting lube is better, though.

~PB

>Indeed, it does no good to have loose nuts, especially in the spring. It can lead to lost nuts and
>a high-pitched voice inevitably follows as you see your nuts rolling down the road without you.
>
>Cheers, helen s
You're a goil; how would you know about a thing like that....?

Status
Not open for further replies.