Brooks saddles

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bryan, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan New Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team professional?

    Bryan

    Tags:

  2. davek

    davek Guest

    Bryan wrote:
    > Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the
    > difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team
    > professional?

    I don't know but this London shop stocks all the Brooks saddles that are
    available in the UK and the website has a handy feature whereby you can
    compare different models:
    <URL:http://www.bicycleworkshop.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s134p0>

    d.

  3. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Bryan
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the
    > difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team
    > professional?

    I *think* the professional is wider. Width is critical for comfort.
    However, one of mine has the 'big' rivets and the other has the 'huge'
    rivets (which look jolly nice particularly when I bother to polish
    them) so possibly this is a 'team' professional. Mine are the same
    width, and they're both stamped 'Brooks Professional'. Oh, and for me
    they're very comfortable over any distance and over any terrain.

    ... a mild, inoffensive sadist...

  4. Trealaw Boy

    Trealaw Boy Guest

    Bryan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Quick question for those in the know. Apart from £5 what is the
    > difference between a Brooks professional and a Brooks team
    > professional?
    >

    > Bryan

    Professional has small copper rivets, Team Professional has large
    copper rivets. Team Professional is sometimes referred to as a deluxe
    model as opposed to the standard Professional model. Not sure what
    this actually translates too though.

    Regards

    TB

  5. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 4/8/04 2:35 pm, in article
    [email protected], "Simon Brooke"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Oh, and for me
    > they're very comfortable over any distance and over any terrain.

    I found my new B17 very nice except for the pothole by the kincardine bridge
    where a literal interpretation of 'on the rivet' made itself known.

    ...d

  6. Fil

    Fil Guest

    I had the Team Pro (huge rivets). Did a few hundred miles with it and
    applied liberal amounts of saddle oil but in the end it defeated me! Now
    back on the San Marco Rolls.

    news:[email protected]