Brooks Swift ?

lfoggy

Jun 29, 2004
I quite fancy a Brooks Swift leather saddle with titanium rails (mainly because it looks pretty smart and is lightweight) but before I shell out £70 will my back-side take it ?!
Anyone use one of these?

Originally posted by lfoggy
I quite fancy a Brooks Swift leather saddle with titanium rails (mainly because it looks pretty smart and is lightweight) but before I shell out £70 will my back-side take it ?!
Anyone use one of these?

I've had one for about 3 years, and find it to be extremly comfortable. The Swift seems softer than some of the other Brooks I've used so the break-in period was only about 4-5 hours. After that it was great. I used it on a 325 km one day ride about a month after buying it with no problems.
It is narrower and longer than most of the other Brooks saddles which fits my rear end perfectly, but of course that may not be the case with other people.

I have one and I am satisfied with it. It is the lightest Brook's out there. I find the B17 much more comfortable but I would never put one of those on my road bike. It doesn't have many positions and I find that I had to move the seat up quite a bit and tip the nose up slightly. This is because I find the narrow section uncomfotable. So, I try to sit on the back end. I found it hard to find the 'sweet spot'. Nevertheless, I love it! I also saw the Saddleco 'Flow' in the new performance catalog. Anyone try this one? I am curious.

First off I have been using Selle Italia Turbo's for over 15 years and I needed a new saddle so I bought a Brooks Swift. I never got comfortable on it, after about 40 miles it just killed me, anyway I tried to break it in but after putting a little over 400 miles on it I gave up. I was able to find a Turbo mail order as none of the local LBS's had one. So now I am back in butt heaven.
P.S. I gave the Swift to my son and he loves it.

Since my original post I've bought a Swift. My initial skepticism was laid to rest after a few hundred Km. I'm truly amazed at how comfortable it is proving to be......and it seems to be improving with every mile. Why aren't these more popular?