Brownsville man arrested after allegedly plowing car through racers.

Peter Pie Eater

Guest
Sorry, Not UK specific, but I think it's still on topic (someone please
correct me if I'm wrong).

*Deadly bicycle race in Matamoros*

*Brownsville man arrested after allegedly plowing car through racers*

A Brownsville man is behind bars in a Mexican jail.

Mexican police say 29-year-old Jesse Campos allegedly drove into a group
of people participating in a bicycle race over the weekend.

One person is dead and several are injured in the Sunday morning accident.

Mexican police report that the Brownsville man was driving a 1989 Grand
Marquis between Matamoros and Playa Bagdad Sunday morning.

Campos allegedly ran his car into a group of cyclists participating in
the third annual Matamoros-Bagdad Cycling Tour.

People from both sides of the border participated in the event.

El Bravo de Matamoros reported that 30-year-old Brownsville cyclist
Alejandro Alvarez was killed in the accident.

The Mexican newspaper reported that the following people were taken to
the Alfredo Pumarejo General Hospital in Matamoros:

* Alejandro Salvador Tamez Guerra, 18 years old
* Juan Machaita, 38 years old
* Guadalupe Sustaita Martínez, 16 years old

Authorities told Mexican media that Campos admitted to using cocaine
prior to the accident.

Original Story: http://www.kgbt4.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=141620
Horrific Image: http://shackpics.com/files/crash_mzdiq89789u6zq4jlrx7.jpg

On Jun 3, 1:59 am, Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Peter Pie Eater wrote:
> > Authorities told Mexican media that Campos admitted to using cocaine
> > prior to the accident.

> > Original Story:http://www.kgbt4.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=141620
> > Horrific Image:http://shackpics.com/files/crash_mzdiq89789u6zq4jlrx7.jpg

> A picture says a thousand words. That is truly horrific.

Paul Smith's acolytes **** themselves into a frenzy over pictures of
young people being killed and injured:

Xaero

"Is it wrnog that I laughed at the picture?"

lotusryan

I could care less about bikers. Natural selection at its best.

Eddh

all that picture needs is PWN3D in big red lettering written at the
bottom and then its perfect

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=541931&i=0

Moderation on that forum is delightfully quaint, point out that Smith
was hopelessly out of his depth and criminally stupid and you get
deleted.

Meanwhile comments like the above are left alone. Says it all really.

On 3 Jun, 11:12, spindrift <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 1:59 am, Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Peter Pie Eater wrote:
> > > Authorities told Mexican media that Campos admitted to using cocaine
> > > prior to the accident.

> > > Original Story:http://www.kgbt4.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=141620
> > > Horrific Image:http://shackpics.com/files/crash_mzdiq89789u6zq4jlrx7.jpg

> > A picture says a thousand words. That is truly horrific.

> Paul Smith's acolytes **** themselves into a frenzy over pictures of
> young people being killed and injured:
>
> Xaero
>
> "Is it wrnog that I laughed at the picture?"
>
> lotusryan
>
> I could care less about bikers. Natural selection at its best.
>
> Eddh
>
> all that picture needs is PWN3D in big red lettering written at the
> bottom and then its perfect
>
> http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=541931&i=0
>
> Moderation on that forum is delightfully quaint, point out that Smith
> was hopelessly out of his depth and criminally stupid and you get
> deleted.
>
> Meanwhile comments like the above are left alone. Says it all really.

That link doesn't work. Have you been caught trolling again?

On Jun 3, 1:47 pm, Sir Jeremy <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 3 Jun, 11:12, spindrift <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > A picture says a thousand words. That is truly horrific.

> > Paul Smith's acolytes **** themselves into a frenzy over pictures of
> > young people being killed and injured:

> > Xaero

> > "Is it wrnog that I laughed at the picture?"

> > lotusryan

> > I could care less about bikers. Natural selection at its best.

> > Eddh

> > all that picture needs is PWN3D in big red lettering written at the
> > bottom and then its perfect

> >http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=541931&i=0

> > Moderation on that forum is delightfully quaint, point out that Smith
> > was hopelessly out of his depth and criminally stupid and you get
> > deleted.

> > Meanwhile comments like the above are left alone. Says it all really.

> That link doesn't work. Have you been caught trolling again?- Hide quoted text -

Pistonheads deleted the thread, to their credit.

Your mate "EDDH" claimed that the cyclist killed by a drunk/drugged
driver was the victim of Darwinism.

Nice idealogical colleagues you've got there.

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 06:02:15 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be spindrift
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>> >http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=541931&i=0

>> > Moderation on that forum is delightfully quaint, point out that Smith
>> > was hopelessly out of his depth and criminally stupid and you get
>> > deleted.

>> > Meanwhile comments like the above are left alone. Says it all really.

>> That link doesn't work. Have you been caught trolling again?- Hide quoted text -

>Pistonheads deleted the thread, to their credit.

Indeed. I read the thread before they deleted it. Always interesting
to see what lies behind the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.

The same mentality is demonstrated by those who advise violent
action against cyclists, but become very coy when less violent
action is advocated against motorists.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

On 3 Jun, 14:02, spindrift <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 1:47 pm, Sir Jeremy <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Paul Smith's acolytes **** themselves into a frenzy over pictures of
> > > young people being killed and injured:

> > > Xaero

> > > "Is it wrnog that I laughed at the picture?"

> > > lotusryan

> > > I could care less about bikers. Natural selection at its best.

> > > Eddh

> > > all that picture needs is PWN3D in big red lettering written at the
> > > bottom and then its perfect

> > >http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=541931&i=0

> > > Moderation on that forum is delightfully quaint, point out that Smith
> > > was hopelessly out of his depth and criminally stupid and you get
> > > deleted.

> > > Meanwhile comments like the above are left alone. Says it all really.

> > That link doesn't work. Have you been caught trolling again?- Hide quoted text -

> Pistonheads deleted the thread, to their credit.
>
> Your mate "EDDH" claimed that the cyclist killed by a drunk/drugged
> driver was the victim of Darwinism.
>
> Nice idealogical colleagues you've got there.- Hide quoted text -

Never heard of him, but no less an extreme view than I've read on
cycling forums in the past.

On 3 Jun, 14:48, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> That link doesn't work. Have you been caught trolling again?- Hide quoted text -

> >Pistonheads deleted the thread, to their credit.

> Indeed. I read the thread before they deleted it. Always interesting
> to see what lies behind the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.
>
> The same mentality is demonstrated by those who advise violent
> action against cyclists, but become very coy when less violent
> action is advocated against motorists.
>
> --
>   David Hansen, Edinburgh
>  I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
>  http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

You're full of **** Hansen ( This is a personal attack, thought I'd
point that out, to save you the trouble)

"David Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>>> That link doesn't work. Have you been caught trolling again?- Hide
>>> quoted text -

>>Pistonheads deleted the thread, to their credit.

> Indeed. I read the thread before they deleted it. Always interesting
> to see what lies behind the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.
>
> The same mentality is demonstrated by those who advise violent
> action against cyclists, but become very coy when less violent
> action is advocated against motorists.

I would say that the scum on that thread are extremists and are in no way
representitive of the vast majority of motorists.

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:56:50 +0100 someone who may be "Adam Lea"
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>> the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.

>I would say that the scum on that thread are extremists and are in no way
>representitive of the vast majority of motorists.

The bit I typed (and which I have left in) makes no claim about
whether the people concerned are representative of motorists in
general or not.

Should anyone want to consider whether I think they are
representative of motorists in general, or not, they should ponder
on a phrase I occasionally use, the unacceptable face of motoring.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

This wasn't a race. It was a family fun ride. Many children involved as
well as adults.

"David Hansen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:56:50 +0100 someone who may be "Adam Lea"
> <[email protected]> wrote this:-
>
>>> the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.

>>I would say that the scum on that thread are extremists and are in no way
>>representitive of the vast majority of motorists.

> The bit I typed (and which I have left in) makes no claim about
> whether the people concerned are representative of motorists in
> general or not.

I never said that it did, but it did look ambiguous in that it is not clear
which set of motorists you are referring too with the "poor hard done by
motorist" bit. I have seen that phrase used when referring to motorists in
general so I merely wanted to make it clear that motorists in general do not
hold such extremist attitudes.

Sir Jeremy wrote:
> On 3 Jun, 14:48, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Pistonheads deleted the thread, to their credit.

>> Indeed. I read the thread before they deleted it. Always interesting
>> to see what lies behind the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.
>>
>> The same mentality is demonstrated by those who advise violent
>> action against cyclists, but become very coy when less violent
>> action is advocated against motorists.
>>
>> --
>> David Hansen, Edinburgh
>> I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
>> http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

> You're full of **** Hansen ( This is a personal attack, thought I'd
> point that out, to save you the trouble)

Tut, tut!

That should have been written:

You're full of ****, Hansen (this is a personal attack, thought I'd
point that out, to save you the trouble).

JN
(who is a grammar and syntax enthusiast)

On 4 Jun, 19:57, JNugent <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sir Jeremy wrote:
> > On 3 Jun, 14:48, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Indeed. I read the thread before they deleted it. Always interesting
> >> to see what lies behind the mask of the poor hard done by motorist.

> >> The same mentality is demonstrated by those who advise violent
> >> action against cyclists, but become very coy when less violent
> >> action is advocated against motorists.

> >> --
> >>   David Hansen, Edinburgh
> >>  I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP preventsme
> >>  http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

> > You're full of **** Hansen ( This is a personal attack, thought I'd
> > point that out, to save you the trouble)

> Tut, tut!
>
> That should have been written:
>
> You're full of ****, Hansen (this is a personal attack, thought I'd
> point that out, to save you the trouble).
>
> JN
> (who is a grammar and syntax enthusiast)- Hide quoted text -

pedant!

"Sir Jeremy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:356d7396-5c6c-46e2-b5d0-> Your mate "EDDH" claimed that the cyclist
killed by a drunk/drugged
> driver was the victim of Darwinism.
>
> Nice idealogical colleagues you've got there.- Hide quoted text -

Never heard of him, but no less an extreme view than I've read on
cycling forums in the past.

Why are you "hanging about" on "cycling forums" if you don't care for
peoples/ cyclists views?
Seems perverse to me.
John

On Jun 3, 11:12 am, spindrift <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 1:59 am, Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Peter Pie Eater wrote:
> > > Authorities told Mexican media that Campos admitted to using cocaine
> > > prior to the accident.

> > > Original Story:http://www.kgbt4.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=141620
> > > Horrific Image:http://shackpics.com/files/crash_mzdiq89789u6zq4jlrx7.jpg

> > A picture says a thousand words. That is truly horrific.

> Paul Smith's acolytes **** themselves into a frenzy over pictures of
> young people being killed and injured:

AFAIK Paul has never had any acolytes, but why would Safe Speed
supporters (if that's who you mean) be trying to reduce road deaths if
they took such delight in them?

You, on the other hand, are so sick, and so obviously happy for road
deaths to continue unabated, that I wouldn't be at all surprised if
you literally did **** over pictures of young people being killed and
injured (or healthy young people if that's all you've got).

It's perfectly simple. Road deaths stopped falling as they had been
when since speed cameras were introduced. The most plausible
explanation by far for that is that speed camera policy is to blame.
Only those who supported cameras for reasons other than safety would
even attempt to deny that. This "Vehicle safety, engineering
improvements and all the other things which had been improving year on
year for several decades suddenly plateaued all at the same time"
rubbish is just desperate floundering by those who want to see cameras
stay because they want motorists to be punished for driving. It's
quite obvious that these people have started off with the conclusion
that cameras have worked, and gone through the most ridiculous
contortions to get to that conclusion. But both the trolls and their
opponents can see that it's the wrong conclusion. Anyone who believes
that it is still possible to improve the road death figures has to
agree that current policy has been an ABJECT FAILURE.

> Moderation on that forum is delightfully quaint, point out that Smith
> was hopelessly out of his depth and criminally stupid and you get
> deleted.

No Spindrift, you simply get banned on sight because you quite rightly
have a reputation as a foul, lying, deranged loony who would rather
persecute motorists than save lives. You hate motorists in the same
manner that Bin Laden hates the west (i.e. you're prepared to kill
huge numbers of people to get what you want), and you're about as easy
to reason with.

Although Bin Laden does at least admit that he hates the west. On top
of everything else, you're an utter coward for continually and
pathetically denying that you've got it in for motorists. Because
that's why you really like speed cameras, isn't it? Anyone who didn't
hate motorists would give due consideration to the idea that cameras
were costing rather than saving lives. But not you, because you don't
care whether they save lives, as long as they're making things
difficult for motorists. It's so obvious. You're like an open book.
Why not make yourself look slightly less demented by admitting it?

> Meanwhile comments like the above are left alone. Says it all really.

What have motorists ever actually done to you? I mean actual things,
not just products of your fevered, warped imagination. It's a mystery
to me how you trolls can have such disdain for people who are just
trying to get around. Wouldn't it be better to reserve your hate for
actual blights on society, e.g. vandals? Why pick on the humble
driver? The worst thing is not that Spindrift exists (there will
always be the odd loony), but the fact that he has supporters, who of
course just feed his delusions and stop him getting well. It's a
shame.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:32:15 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>why would Safe Speed
>supporters (if that's who you mean) be trying to reduce road deaths if
>they took such delight in them?

Close, but no banana. Safespeed is, and always was, a speed
apologist and anti-enforcement group /pretending/ to be concerned
with road deaths. Everybody who is /genuinely/ concerned with
reducing road deaths seems remarkably consistent in supporting the
conclusion, robustly scientifically proven, that both frequency and
severity of collisions rises with speed.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

I don't know whether to be amused or freaked out that Crapman rarely
posts here unless it's in reply to me. Amused because Crapman
obviously feels threatened by me and my habit of revealing the truth
about cameras and the trolls' anti-motorist agenda. Freaked out
because it's never a good thing to have someone stalking you,
especially when they're clearly so blase about lives being lost.

On Jun 23, 7:01 pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:32:15 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar
> <[email protected]> said in
> <[email protected]>:
>
> >why would Safe Speed
> >supporters (if that's who you mean) be trying to reduce road deaths if
> >they took such delight in them?

> Close, but no banana.  Safespeed is, and always was, a speed
> apologist and anti-enforcement group /pretending/ to be concerned
> with road deaths.

Really? Where's your evidence? Oh that's right, you've got NONE.
I'm sure that you and your troll friends have moles in the Clubhouse
(sorry to disappoint you but we do know), and no doubt you've seen a
distinct lack of the sorts of posts that you'd expect to see there
from an organisation that really had such an agenda. Once again,
you've shown yourself to be a LIAR.

I know many of the people from Safe Speed, an awful lot better than
you do, and they are decent, responsible people who quite obviously
care about saving lives a hell of a lot more than the trolls here do.
And if we really were a "speed apologist and anti-enforcement group",
we'd all have a lot of points to show for it by now. Polls have very
clearly shown otherwise.

"Speed apologist" is absurd: we don't want people going too fast any
more than anyone else does. Why would we? We don't want people to
die. And "anti-enforcement" is nothing more than slander; most of us
want *more* enforcement of most traffic laws, and we still want speed
limits and parking restrictions: we just want them to be set sensibly
and by the right people (with the right motives), and we want them to
be enforced with discretion (and I can't see how anyone except a
motorist-hating ****** would not want those things). If you actually
look at the Safe Speed manifesto, I bet you can't find a single thing
on there that you can logically argue with. So no wonder you're
making **** up about Safe Speed instead. It's like when you can't
argue with what I'm saying, so you start talking **** about me having
been banned, or not having passed my test. You'd rather slander
people than admit that the anti-camera brigade are right about
anything. You're pathetic.

> Everybody who is /genuinely/ concerned with
> reducing road deaths seems remarkably consistent in supporting the
> conclusion, robustly scientifically proven, that both frequency and
> severity of collisions rises with speed.

But since you (purportedly at least) automatically assume that anyone
who questions speed enforcement can't be concerned with road deaths,
it's hardly surprising that you've come to the above conclusion. All
of what you're saying is lies anyway, and you know the truth as well
as I do. Safe Speed most definitely is concerned with reducing road
deaths; it's you and your troll friends who prioritise the persecution
of motorists above the saving of people's lives.

By the way, what do you mean by "speed": impact speed or free-
travelling speed? Do you acknowledge that they are different, and no
relationship has been found between them? Oops, sorry, we're not
allowed to go there are we? Any attempt at uncovering the deceit and
intentional oversimplification surrounding the "case" for speed
cameras is invariably met with flaming from the troll collective. So
I'd better not mention the fact that 95% of crashes take place within
the speed limit, despite people exceeding the speed limit half the
time. So much for the frequency of collisions rising with "speed".
Oh dear, Crapman doesn't like that. A salvo of irrefutable facts:
it's guaranteed to upset the trolls. The trouble is that it's great
fun as well, and one has to try to get some amusement out of the
existence of such twisted motorist-haters.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:41:58 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar
<[email protected]> said in
<ffafedb3-133a-4b13-a34d-13b7ef4715cc@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>:

>I don't know whether to be amused or freaked out that Crapman rarely
>posts here unless it's in reply to me.

You can be whichever you like, since it's not true. It has that in
common with everything else you say here, I guess.