brrrr.......

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  4. Simon

    Simon Guest

  5. Gman

    Gman Guest

  6. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  8. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little snow
    > here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at present for a
    > decent pic.
    >
    > And yes i know I should have had my helmet on, bad example and all, but
    hey
    > its my head, my choice , my right!

    If you were in the states, I'd say...NOT your right as taxpayer dollars end up paying to support
    your brain damaged head when your health insurance runs out, if you had any to begin with.

    penny

  9. Martees

    Martees Guest

  10. Jay wrote:
    > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    >

    >>http://images.ofoto.com/photos286/6/98/22/29/48/0/48292298603_0_ALB.jpg
    >

    > Hey, is that the bridge you and your buddies built a couple of years ago? It looks familiar...

    It is _a_ bridge we built but not _the_ bridge. This bridge was only about 10 feet long while that
    other one was closer to 35'. we use the same basic design for all our bridges.

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little snow
    > here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at present for a
    > decent pic.

    Welcome to the AM-B ponytail wearers club. Get ready to be accused of being a smelly greasy-haired
    scumbag and don't even think of getting good service in a restaurant in Utah.

    JD

  12. "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little snow
    | > here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at present for
    | > decent pic.
    | >
    | > And yes i know I should have had my helmet on, bad example and all, but
    | hey
    | > its my head, my choice , my right!
    |
    | If you were in the states, I'd say...NOT your right as taxpayer dollars
    end
    | up paying to support your brain damaged head when your health insurance
    runs
    | out, if you had any to begin with.

    So using that "logic" people should be required to wear the appropropriate helmets when driving,
    when walking, when showering, etc.

    People should also not be allowed to eat fatty foods, drink alcohol, etc.

    It's not as simplistic as you would like it to be.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    http://www.petefagerlin.com

  13. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Very true....... In my defence the picture is definately an out of character one. Since I teach rock
    climbing I understand the issues on safety. Your comment would be even more justified by the
    way...since UK health care is paid for solely by taxation.

    Apologies if it offended, just the only picture I had on here.

    Simon

    "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little snow
    > > here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at present for
    > > a decent pic.
    > >
    > > And yes i know I should have had my helmet on, bad example and all, but
    > hey
    > > its my head, my choice , my right!
    >
    > If you were in the states, I'd say...NOT your right as taxpayer dollars
    end
    > up paying to support your brain damaged head when your health insurance
    runs
    > out, if you had any to begin with.
    >
    > penny

  14. Bigfootdenny

    Bigfootdenny Guest

    > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > Singlespeeding in the snow, it just doesn't get any better.*
    >
    > --
    > John G. ( Except a post ride barley soda and some cuddlin' with the wife. )

    Hoo-yeah !! Just came in from a chilly ride --- 24degrees, but much colder factoring in the stiff
    wind outta the west.... the ride to trailhead was "refreshing". Amazing how quickly you warm up once
    hitting the trail though, eh? Only cold spot is tips of index fingers...gonna have to rethink better
    windblocking gloves... any suggestions? Legs staying quite comfy with two layers of poly -- toes
    toasty in the bugabootoo's, and topside toasty under the Entrant breaker... Anybody out there
    wearing a ski helmet for riding when conditions get real cold?... Wondering if that might be better
    than the Giro as temps drop... -BigfootDenny

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little snow
    > > here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at present for
    > > a decent pic.
    >
    > Welcome to the AM-B ponytail wearers club. Get ready to be accused of being a smelly
    > greasy-haired scumbag

    Awe man, the truth hurts that much does it?

    > and don't even think of getting good service in a restaurant in Utah.

    That'll be that freaking tutu again, Jock Duff me old chap.

    Shaun aRe still got his ponytail - in a plastic bag.