Brrrrrr.

Msa

Guest
When I left the house at 07:30 this morning it was minus 4.5 degrees Celsius! 98km later and the
average temperature for the ride was minus 1. Lots of ice about, 1 guy went down on a corner up near
Harlow but was OK.

Roll on Summer!

--
Mark
______________________________________

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

MSA wrote:
> When I left the house at 07:30 this morning it was minus 4.5 degrees Celsius! 98km later and the
> average temperature for the ride was minus 1.

> Lots of ice about

I went out cycling when it was about zero. Plenty of ice and frost to the sides of the road, but I
saw none on the riding-part of the roads themselves. A dfair bit of salty water and slush to mess my
bike up though.

First cycling out of London for me this year: tipped over the Essex border for a pre-lunch spin.
Lovely! Sunny, light wind, and I felt just at the perfect temperature. That bowl of high tech
slow-release energy food (aka porridge) kept me going well!

~PB

In article <[email protected]>, MSA wrote:
> When I left the house at 07:30 this morning it was minus 4.5 degrees Celsius! 98km later and the
> average temperature for the ride was minus 1. Lots of ice about, 1 guy went down on a corner up
> near Harlow but was OK.
>
> Roll on Summer!

I didn't measure the temperature but there was ice and water filling most of the nice, twisty, rock
filled paths on the moor behind my house. We don't tend to get out until 11 of the clock 'cause it's
a bit warmer and the blood has left the alcohol stream. Did I say warmer, it was tropical in the
dale but the wind cut through us on the moor top. Never mind we were having fun, the fit people
hadn't turned up so we could dawdled on the ups and find the narrowest of trails to ride down. Two
hours and we probably didn't cover eight miles. Summer is good but sometimes so is winter.

--
John Murf