brumbies ride (Melbourne)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Rman, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Rman

    Rman Guest

    Folks, does anyone know if the Wednesday ride of the Brumbies ride is a "hard" or "easy" day ?

    I only ride the Tue/Thursday "hard" days, but went the "snooze" option on the alarm this morning and
    snoozed all the way through until 7:00 am.

    RMan

    Tags:

  2. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    I don't know, but how hard are the Tue/Thu's anyway? I'm looking for a hard day which is a bit easier than the hour of power, but I don;t know anyone who does the brumbies bunch.

  3. Rman

    Rman Guest

    "Shabby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I don't know, but how hard are the Tue/Thu's anyway? I'm looking for a hard day which is a bit
    > easier than the hour of power, but I don;t know anyone who does the brumbies bunch.

    It is easier than the hour of power. The speed rarely gets above 45 kmh, and the av. over the 35 ish
    km is probably sub 40 kmh. What I like the best about it is that I can do turns for the whole ride,
    but in the hour of power, I'm lucky to do more than 3 or 4.

    The attitude is less competitive and the smaller size means more effort in calling out
    obstacles etc.

    There are few of us who have crossed over from the dark side.........

  4. Sh

    Sh Guest

    "M" <z> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry, but what/where is the hour of power?

    Crn of North Rd and Nepean Hwy Melbourne 6am each weekday

  5. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    The "hour of power" is the Tue/Thu session. Wed is medium out and hard back (small chainring day) and Mon/Fri are easy. They all start at 6am.

    Having said atht, sometimes the rules aren;t followed. The Wed has been pretty hard in recent weeks.