Bruyneel claims he is the dumbest man in cycling

You took that totally out of context, bro, makes more sense if you read the whole quote - "Ivan deceived me, he said he wouldn't be caught...";)

Leafer said:
You took that totally out of context, bro, makes more sense if you read the whole quote - "Ivan deceived me, he said he wouldn't be caught...";)
Agreed. However Bruyneel really is stupid to even blame Ivan.... who knew all the risks going in and went against popular consensuses amongst the teams to sign Basso. It was really really stupid. He can't blame Basso for accepting 1.4 million a year ! Bruyneel as the best DS in the sport should have known what he was getting himself into. He was trying to buy a TDF victory which you just can’t do…… hard work alone wins the Tour de France !

I think that entire organization knew what they were getting themselves into, but they were willing to take the risk. All of what you're seeing right now on their behalf is their preconceived fallback position. I doubt they went into this without seriously considering a Plan B and the repercussions of what is currently happening.

The Basso affair really doesn't hurt Disco except amongst other pro tour teams who really can only say, "Wow, what a bunch of assholes."

helmutRoole2 said:
The Basso affair really doesn't hurt Disco except amongst other pro tour teams who really can only say, "Wow, what a bunch of assholes."

No team is exempt from that claim.

helmutRoole2 said:
I think that entire organization knew what they were getting themselves into, but they were willing to take the risk. All of what you're seeing right now on their behalf is their preconceived fallback position. I doubt they went into this without seriously considering a Plan B and the repercussions of what is currently happening.

I agree. This was all scripted last year. Basso probably even knew that Bruni would stab him in the back at the first opportunity if OP heated up.

And why should Disco care at all, anyway? Now they've got Levi to ride the Tour, a dope doc who is still in the clear, and potentially half the peloton including most of the main competition probably sitting out the TdF. If I was Johan, I'd feel pretty good about now.

tcklyde said:
And why should Disco care at all, anyway? Now they've got Levi to ride the Tour, a dope doc who is still in the clear, and potentially half the peloton including most of the main competition probably sitting out the TdF. If I was Johan, I'd feel pretty good about now.
However, he may have some extra problems coming regarding Contador, Davis, & Paulinho.

Signing 4 OP riders was rather short sighted.

i wouldnt be all that happy if i was bruyneel. like someone said, hes still got to worry about his 3 other riders involved in puerto. and, hes still got to deal with astana at the tour who also has a doctor still under the radar.

this years tour will be the battle of most discreet doping practices between disco and astana. i predict a vino or kloeden win. levi will podium imo.