Bruyneel talking shite



Aquamarinos

New Member
Jan 20, 2008
95
0
0
TheDarkLord said:
That doesn't help improve my image of Contador. He is a real jackass to use someone like that (regarding the text in bold). Why is he doing this, and why isn't this shameful behavior not indicated in the cycling news sites? Are they too "charmed" by the Spanish cowboy??
Because if you actually followed the race that was NOT how it happened...
Get the facts straight before posting, or at least read the race recaps, micron.

What was this Contador talking trash about Klöden? Very interesting! Please give more info on that one. If that really happened then I'll never watch Contador again.
 

TheDarkLord

New Member
Dec 24, 2007
3,887
0
0
Aquamarinos said:
What was this Contador talking trash about Klöden? Very interesting! Please give more info on that one. If that really happened then I'll never watch Contador again.
Sorry, don't remember the details. I do recall that someone posted about it in this forum about it a few months back (around the time of Bruyneel distancing himself from Kloeden).
 

TheDarkLord

New Member
Dec 24, 2007
3,887
0
0
Aquamarinos said:
Because if you actually followed the race that was NOT how it happened...
Get the facts straight before posting, or at least read the race recaps, micron.
So, what is the real story? Was he working with the other dude, or was the other dude an Astana domestique?
 

Aquamarinos

New Member
Jan 20, 2008
95
0
0
TheDarkLord said:
So, what is the real story? Was he working with the other dude, or was the other dude an Astana domestique?
The other dude attacked on the last climb and got a 20 sec gap to the thin peloton. Contador didn't have any team mates left and he jumped from the peloton in the very end of the last climb, caught the dude and rode away on the downhill. The dude got back at him on the flat part, couldn't work with Contador when the finish was getting slightly uphill, and that's about it. The chasing peloton with the big names didn't work well together, looked like they were waiting for their team mates to get back and do the chasing.
There are many race recaps out there, apparently micron needs glasses...:cool:

I'm very interested to hear more about the Contador/Klöden talk, would be great if you could find something on it! Thanks!
 

Cobblestones

New Member
Jul 2, 2007
592
0
0
TheDarkLord said:
Sorry, don't remember the details. I do recall that someone posted about it in this forum about it a few months back (around the time of Bruyneel distancing himself from Kloeden).

Yup. Check out this thread. Click on the link on the top of page 2 (lucybear's post). I myself posted a quote from the interview further down on the page.
 

Aquamarinos

New Member
Jan 20, 2008
95
0
0
Cobblestones said:
Yup. Check out this thread. Click on the link on the top of page 2 (lucybear's post). I myself posted a quote from the interview further down on the page.
Thanks!
I have to say that this didn't sound like talking trash about Klödi though...
Interesting anyway, thanks again.
 

Cobblestones

New Member
Jul 2, 2007
592
0
0
Aquamarinos said:
Thanks!
I have to say that this didn't sound like talking trash about Klödi though...
Interesting anyway, thanks again.
It's not precisely trash talking, but to talk about a team mate in this way ...

What he should have said is something like: 'I don't know Kloden but I am looking forward to race with him on the same team' or some variation of that. Contrast that to what he actually said. It's not technically trash talking, but it comes awfully close.
 

Aquamarinos

New Member
Jan 20, 2008
95
0
0
Cobblestones said:
It's not precisely trash talking, but to talk about a team mate in this way ...

What he should have said is something like: 'I don't know Kloden but I am looking forward to race with him on the same team' or some variation of that. Contrast that to what he actually said. It's not technically trash talking, but it comes awfully close.
Naah, this is pretty mild and who knows what was lost in translation....
Probably the parts you mentioned, who knows.:rolleyes:
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
Aquamarinos said:
Naah, this is pretty mild and who knows what was lost in translation....
Probably the parts you mentioned, who knows.:rolleyes:
I can't see the problem. He has ridden with Levi. He says that Klodi has been in the service of other riders. He says that he won't say anything negative because Klodi is with us. I don't read that as he has something to say that is negative and he is witholding it. I take that as a bad translation from Spanish. To think he would get up there in a press conference and imply that he doesn't like the guy is just rediculous IMO. Even if he hated the guy's guts... there is no way he is going to reveal that in a press conference prior to the season start. Besides... it's not as if Klodi is a junior rider with a big ego and Alberto wants to put him in his place.
 

italiano

New Member
Dec 7, 2007
213
0
0
Here what he say in Pez.

You have signed for a team that has two other “Cocks” with Klöden and Leipheimer?
With Leipheimer there is no problem, he is at my disposition in many races, but he is as much a favourite as I am. Klöden, I don’t know, he has been in the service of other riders, Vinokourov and Ullrich. Also, I won’t respond against him, he is with us.
From italiano: Klödi retire this year..lost support in JB..never from Astana bosses..remaining contract...Sinkewitz
 

micron

New Member
Jun 19, 2003
598
2
0
Aquamarinos, as I made clear in my post, I watched the stage, on TV, through my satellite dish - my perspective on it is not filtered through reading second and third hand race reports as yours is. I'm sure all the fan boy sites did their best to make him look good but this is not what happened. Dirty Bertie is little more than an Armstrong clone and rides accordingly. If you are looking to him to be an exciting attacking rider then look elsewhere.

This is a rider who has not ridden 2 of the last 3 Tours because of his devotion to Liberty/Astana - Saiz/Bruyneel. His victory celebrations, shirt tugging, 'Astana til I die' attitude makes him look like what he is - a chaudeur.
 

Aquamarinos

New Member
Jan 20, 2008
95
0
0
micron said:
Aquamarinos, as I made clear in my post, I watched the stage, on TV, through my satellite dish - my perspective on it is not filtered through reading second and third hand race reports as yours is. I'm sure all the fan boy sites did their best to make him look good but this is not what happened. Dirty Bertie is little more than an Armstrong clone and rides accordingly. If you are looking to him to be an exciting attacking rider then look elsewhere.

This is a rider who has not ridden 2 of the last 3 Tours because of his devotion to Liberty/Astana - Saiz/Bruyneel. His victory celebrations, shirt tugging, 'Astana til I die' attitude makes him look like what he is - a chaudeur.
So did I watch the race live. And read the race reports after that.
Funny that all the "fan boy" sites saw the race as I did....

I'm not a fan of Contador, but I don't let that bother me too much, since we won't see him in the big races this year.:D
 

micron

New Member
Jun 19, 2003
598
2
0
Aquamarinos said:
So did I watch the race live. And read the race reports after that.
Funny that all the "fan boy" sites saw the race as I did....

I'm not a fan of Contador, but I don't let that bother me too much, since we won't see him in the big races this year.:D

Perhaps the difference is I trust the evidence of my own eyes and don't need to have my experience mediated by what race reports on fan boy sites say ;)
 

Flathead

New Member
Feb 27, 2008
12
0
0
micron said:
Perhaps the difference is I trust the evidence of my own eyes and don't need to have my experience mediated by what race reports on fan boy sites say ;)
micron you are simply sick, biased and obsessive.