Bruyneel to ride in car for P-R

El Loto said:
To be brutally honest I have to say that Hoste is in marginally better form than George.
Shhh...too many Americans around.

Hoste is clearly in superior form compared with Hincapie, despite the latter's assertion about his bravura sprint for 3rd at Flanders. Should he not also have glued himself to Boonen's wheel, following Hoste's attack? 2 against 1 in a finale, as we all know, is the dream situation for any team.

Catabolic_Jones said:
Shhh...too many Americans around.

Hoste is clearly in superior form compared with Hincapie, despite the latter's assertion about his bravura sprint for 3rd at Flanders. Should he not also have glued himself to Boonen's wheel, following Hoste's attack? 2 against 1 in a finale, as we all know, is the dream situation for any team.
If Hoste was in superior form , why did he walk up the cobbled climb? George didn't. The question is ..... Why did Hoste work with Boonen knowing , in his own words , that second place is not winning.....Hoste admitted he screwed up. Hoste admitted he lost the race for Discovery that his tactics were not good. You are right about 2 against 1 in a sprint. But Hoste attacked when Georhe was boxed in annd not when the team had plans to attack.....

Hoste comments.....
" [size=-1]"Second is nice, but only winning counts," Hoste said. "We're going to try again Sunday."[/size]

[size=-1]And to repeat that question, how to beat Boonen? [/size]

[size=-1]"I just hope I'm not alone with him this time," Hoste said. "I hope George, and maybe also some other guys, are there to try and lose him. Alone, it's almost impossible, I think, to beat him. Even more at Roubaix than at Flanders." [/size]

"

First, better get the right equipment.

Scott Daubert: One thing I forgot to tell you about is that George is running with a different fork; it has a longer axle to crown dimension, and it has a longer rake than the normal Bontrager Race Lite fork.

CN: Is this something new you'll bring into the Trek line?

SD: No, it's actually from Bontrager's Satellite line, almost from their commuter level, but it has dimensions that are appropriate for Roubaix. It's an in-house made fork, made at Trek from OCLV carbon, it's just on a different model bike.

CN: Is it a steel steerer?

SD: No, it's aluminium; it's been blasted then anodized black.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/apr06/roubaix06/index.php?id=hincapie_trek/IMG_9944

And if Gorgeous George was in a breakaway with Tom would he have won the sprint. No Chance. A certain Juan Antonio Flecha decided to get off the bike and that resulted in riders have to clamber off. And you can't say Lance could've died on that run-in to Gap. Sure if the landscape was different but would he and Beloki have taken such risks on a high mountain?

Dead Star said:
And there wouldn't be so much whinging if it wasn't Disco riders that were dsqed :p
Well after George's crash for Disco, whom very few on this thread gave much credit of doing well, made the race. Gusev came back from crashing, caught the lead group, attacked the lead group,
DROPPED BOONEN NEED I REMIND EVERYONE
DROPPED FLECHA NEED I REMOND EVERYONE

and made the race winning move with Cancellara.
As soon as Gusev was dropped, Hoste
DROPPED BOONEN
DROPPED FLECHA
and made the podium winning move.

It just stinks that th race is in such
DISARRAY
that trains, marshals, crossing barriers cnt be handled better,

And BTW what would they have done if Hoste had waited, Boonen would have been right there.
There is NO WAY the asswipe race marshal would have had the presence of mind to start them at different intervals in time.
As the rules state.
Game over.
Hoste did the right thing.

hombredesubaru said:
Well after George's crash for Disco, whom very few on this thread gave much credit of doing well, made the race. Gusev came back from crashing, caught the lead group, attacked the lead group,
DROPPED BOONEN NEED I REMIND EVERYONE
DROPPED FLECHA NEED I REMOND EVERYONE

and made the race winning move with Cancellara.
As soon as Gusev was dropped, Hoste
DROPPED BOONEN
DROPPED FLECHA
and made the podium winning move.

It just stinks that th race is in such
DISARRAY
that trains, marshals, crossing barriers cnt be handled better,

And BTW what would they have done if Hoste had waited, Boonen would have been right there.
There is NO WAY the asswipe race marshal would have had the presence of mind to start them at different intervals in time.
As the rules state.
Game over.
Hoste did the right thing.
No he didn't because the rules are very clear. The other thing is i can't see why Boonen, Flecha and Ballan where not disqualified, or.... don't disqualify any of them.... They can't have both. But most of all: the race organisation has to think about the route... It was a bad joke!

cyclingheroes said:
No he didn't because the rules are very clear. The other thing is i can't see why Boonen, Flecha and Ballan where not disqualified, or.... don't disqualify any of them.... They can't have both. But most of all: the race organisation has to think about the route... It was a bad joke!
we're agreed on your point
Lotto and DC are appealing.
But the riders need a union, imagine if 180 riders delayed the start of Amstel for an hour until Hoste and PVP were placed back where they belong.

bobke said:
But the riders need a union, imagine if 180 riders delayed the start of Amstel for an hour until Hoste and PVP were placed back where they belong.
The riders have a union, Jens Voigt is the chairman...

bobke said:

Bollocks! This amount of ranting wouldn't be as much as it is if there weren't any Disco riders involved!