Bubble Bike? What??

Man creates bubble bike
January 24, 2005 (Hobart, Wis.) - Sub-zero weather may be too cold
for even skiers, but it's just fine for one Wisconsin man who invented
a bubble bike to beat the elements.
Bike rider Bob Doster didn't want to put away his bike until spring, so
he created a cycle just right for riding in Wisconsin's bitter winters.
What he's come up with is a bubble bike. A tadpole-shaped shell
surrounds a tricycle running gear and protects Doster from the
elements. He says riding inside on an exercise bike was excruciatingly
boring. So, he came up with a way to ride outside, year-around. He says
he keeps so warm inside his bubble bike he has to ride in summer
clothes. ABC 7

Tom Sherman

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

> Man creates bubble bike
> January 24, 2005 (Hobart, Wis.) - Sub-zero weather may be too cold
> for even skiers, but it's just fine for one Wisconsin man who invented
> a bubble bike to beat the elements.
> Bike rider Bob Doster didn't want to put away his bike until spring, so
> he created a cycle just right for riding in Wisconsin's bitter winters.
> What he's come up with is a bubble bike. A tadpole-shaped shell
> surrounds a tricycle running gear and protects Doster from the
> elements. He says riding inside on an exercise bike was excruciatingly
> boring. So, he came up with a way to ride outside, year-around. He says
> he keeps so warm inside his bubble bike he has to ride in summer
> clothes. ABC 7

A picture of Bob Doster's faired trike [1] can be found on the Hellbent
Cycles [2] website. There is a promise of free plans for the fairing
being made available.

Another article about this trike is at
<http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/archive/local_19225196.shtml>.

[1] <http://www.hellbentcycles.com/CompleteSide1small.jpg> or
<http://www.hellbentcycles.com/whats_new.htm>
[2] Company for sale: <http://www.hellbentcycles.com/investors.htm>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Thanks Tom. It is so amazing to me how many similar projects are going
on without anyone having any thought of what is going on in their own
country.

Gary Fritz

Guest
The article says he cycles comfortably in summer-weight clothing even
when it's sub-zero outside. Sure hope he never has a flat or any other
event that forces him to stop pedalling for any period of time, or he's
gonna get mighty cold might fast...