BUC 13!! --- Video competition!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by amanda.gallacher, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Hey guys

    I have been talking to Steve who is organising the BUC and he has given
    the thumbs up for a video competition to be held!

    Videos should obviously be of unicycling, they can be made by just you
    on your own, or with some friends. They should not last a ridiculous
    amount of time, i would say 10 minutes maximum, however, this may
    change as i have not agreed this with Steve as of yet.

    If you feel you are not the best rider in the world, don't worry, the
    videos will not be judged purely on skill of riding, they will be being
    judged on creativity etc.

    The more people that want to contribute videos, the better this
    competition will be. I know that UK riders don't tend to like being
    filmed, but come on guys, have a bit of fun and show us all what you
    can do.

    Keep your finished video to yourself for no, Steve and I have not
    decided how to go about showing the videos. We are thinking that you
    guys send him your finished video and he will put them all onto disk
    and play them onto a screen from there, or you upload them to a secret
    part of your gallery.

    If you are interested, post in this thread... names i expect to see
    are, cathwood, gkmac, loosemoose, swarbrim, lucas1wheel, dale_dale,
    darktom, klownlife and all others going to BUC!

    Thanks
    Amanda

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  2. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  3. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

    My film wouldn't be very interesting - cath riding along the road, and
    riding along the road, and more riding along the road. However, I'll
    think about how I can put a creative spin on this.

    Actually, I'm very excitied just now as I have just filled in the pre
    reg form for BUC.

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

    http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

  4. cathwood wrote:
    > My film wouldn't be very interesting - cath riding along the road, and
    > riding along the road, and more riding along the road. However, I'll
    > think about how I can put a creative spin on this.
    >
    > Actually, I'm very excitied just now as I have just filled in the pre
    > reg form for BUC.
    >
    > Cathy

    WOO! YAY! i want to see Cathy riding along a road, as long as they are
    good roads :D

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  5. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  6. gkmac

    gkmac Guest

    amanda.gallacher wrote:
    > names i expect to see are... gkmac

    Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!

    But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are
    next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps
    without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!

    All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has
    suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to
    a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6
    UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.

    I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any
    kind of video.:(

    --
    gkmac

    "It's a marvellous thing to see, someone in full flight on the
    unicycle." - Stuart Maconie, Radio 2
    gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577

  7. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  8. gkmac wrote:
    > Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!
    >
    > But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are
    > next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps
    > without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!
    >
    > All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has
    > suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to
    > a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6
    > UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.
    >
    > I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any
    > kind of video.:(

    :eek: :eek: :eek: how can you say such a thing! i wish i had your kind
    of skills in muni! if you can get someone to film that, i would be very
    impressed, especially if you are riding on slippery, muddy trails :D

    so you're not going to BUC? :( i think you should, the fun of BUC is
    not dependant on your ability, it is purely the enjoyment of being
    around hundreds of others that share your hobby! you cant miss it :p

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  9. KlownLife

    KlownLife Guest

    Thanks for that Amanda, sounds fun to me, count me more than in. My mate
    and I will fire up a vid in no time. Although I'm hoping to release a
    video within the next week. Would I have to enter unseen footage or
    could I enter the vid I plan to release for public viewing? Either way,
    it's all gd.

    Cheers,
    Jas

    --
    KlownLife

    "The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
    urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-
    KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

  10. KlownLife wrote:
    > Thanks for that Amanda, sounds fun to me, count me more than in. My mate
    > and I will fire up a vid in no time. Although I'm hoping to release a
    > video within the next week. Would I have to enter unseen footage or
    > could I enter the vid I plan to release for public viewing? Either way,
    > it's all gd.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jas

    i would say it is up to you. However, do you reali want all us guys
    seeing your video before the comp?

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  11. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    Me and Lucas are making a video, Its going to win (team spirit).

    Cant wait to see amandas though. Should be great.

    Mike

    P.S Expect flips from me and grinds from Lucas.

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  12. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

    gkmac wrote:
    > Well you expected to see my name, and here it is!
    >
    > But I won't be entering this competition, or any other. My skills are
    > next door to nothing, for instance I can't hop up more than four steps
    > without getting scared and bottling out of it. How cowardly is that!
    >
    > All I do is ride gravel tracks and bridleways, but even that has
    > suffered due to the recent rain (making it wet & muddy, then churned to
    > a lumpy slippery mess by the horse-hoofs) giving me a total of about 6
    > UPDs on the 4 mile circuit I usually ride.
    >
    > I don't think I'm good enough to even attend BUC, let alone make any
    > kind of video.:(

    Get a grip!.
    I can't even hop up stairs (not that I've ever tried).
    Betcha better than me. And I went to BUC when I really could barely
    ride last year. You learn loads and can do as much or as little as you
    want. And hang out with fab people like the rest of us. It's great fun,
    like being totally immersed in unicycling for the weekend. Bring it on!

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

    http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

  13. KlownLife

    KlownLife Guest

    Hmmm, gd point. Might need to learn a few new moves though, don't wanna
    be unoriginal. This is a great idea, I love watching films, especially
    uni ones. I'll be putting 100% into this, I expect the same from all
    you, I hope amanda ain't my best opposition then this will be too easy
    :p, just kidding, but seriously guys, I wanna see alot of
    participation. The more the merrier.

    Jas

    --
    KlownLife

    "The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
    urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-
    KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

  14. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  15. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

    cathwood wrote:
    > I'll have to go for some sort of arty farty thing because my unicycle
    > skills along would not make a film.
    >
    > Cathy

    somthing like

    one wheel.... one woman... one long road... one 10 min movie
    joking im sue it will be great

    --
    dale_dale

    ___________
    dale_dale's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11459

  16. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    KlownLife wrote:
    > I hope amanda ain't my best opposition then this will be too easy

    Im your worst nightmare...

    :p

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  17. haha guys, dont make it too competitive :p its meant to be fun... so far
    i know of 5 videos that will be produced by people that have posted in
    this thread (including me) go on gkmac, we all know you are good, think
    positive :D

    looks like this is going to good fun!

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)

    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  18. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

    Yeh me n mike are working on something I will try to put a creative spin
    on it, hopefully maybe a few double step jumps

    well done for arrangin it manders
    i am going to call u manders from now on lol

    Cheers Lucas

    --
    Lucas1wheel
    Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

  19. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  20. cathwood wrote:
    > 10 mins, I was thking more like 3.
    >
    > Cathy

    yeh, me too, but some people might get over excited and moan that 3
    mins it too short :p so yeh, hopefully not many people will use the
    whole 10 mins.
    mine and bishops video isnt going to include much skill, unless it ends
    up like that by accident :rolleyes:

    Lucas1wheel wrote:
    > i am going to call u manders from now on lol
    >
    > Cheers Lucas

    um... yay?

    :p hehe