...buckled wheel...

~MoDCoN~

Apr 18, 2003
hello all,

i performed a search looking for help with buckled wheels...and didn't find much. so i was wondering if anyone knew some good, cheap ways a repairing a buckled wheel? i stacked my new bike the other day, and though i was fine, and nobody saw (phew!) the back wheel buckled. i tried riding it like that, but the brakes rub too much and it is like riding in high gears; especially when i'm not. *waiting hopefully* :)

cheers

MoD

Originally posted by ~MoDCoN~
hello all,

i performed a search looking for help with buckled wheels...and didn't find much. so i was wondering if anyone knew some good, cheap ways a repairing a buckled wheel? i stacked my new bike the other day, and though i was fine, and nobody saw (phew!) the back wheel buckled. i tried riding it like that, but the brakes rub too much and it is like riding in high gears; especially when i'm not. *waiting hopefully* :)

cheers

MoD

If the rims isn't too badly whacked then you can try and true it by tightening/loosening spokes (don't have any suggestions for resources to help you there, I'm 'fraid:( ).

Otherwise your only option is to buy a new rim...