buckled

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by epistolize, May 6, 2006.

  1. epistolize

    epistolize Guest

    my wheel is buckled, but rideable. is it really inadviseable to ride a
    buckled wheel- what complications will arise from this?

    i really don't want to spend anymore on this 24" udc dodger until i get
    my new trials and i don't think i'll get it before i go to the BUC.

    however the uni is my main mode of transport, so i just want to know
    how much extra i'm risking my neck by continuing to ride it.:confused:

    --
    epistolize

    my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
    organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files

    anti-capitalisation, anti-capitalism; neither for nor against always
    work well

    "Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?" 'Bite Me'
    epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

  2. the only thing you risk (other than personal safety) is the already
    buckled wheel, if it's rideable, ride it with caution, don't take it
    over the slightest of bumps, and it may last until you replace it.
    Even a twist or a turn may be it's demise

    epistolize wrote:
    > my wheel is buckled, but rideable. is it really inadviseable to ride a
    > buckled wheel- what complications will arise from this?
    >
    > i really don't want to spend anymore on this 24" udc dodger until i get
    > my new trials and i don't think i'll get it before i go to the BUC.
    >
    > however the uni is my main mode of transport, so i just want to know
    > how much extra i'm risking my neck by continuing to ride it.:confused:

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    Justonewheel: 'Just put the new uni together in the driveway stopped to
    move the car and ran over the uni.'

    DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  3. epistolize

    epistolize Guest

    thanks! well i'm about to ride it off to work in a wee while, sor i'll
    bear this in mind.

    i -really really really- want my new trials. i think my uni wants me to
    get it too so i can quit riding it so hard.

    --
    epistolize

    my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
    organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files

    anti-capitalisation, anti-capitalism; neither for nor against always
    work well

    "Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?" 'Bite Me'
    epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

  4. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest

    is the rim actually buckled or is it bent just enough to clear? ... cuz
    you can usually get the rim straightened at your local bikeshop for
    fairly cheap

    --
    skroboskim

    *:) -stephen-:)* CCTX
    JOIN THE CLUB>!!!!>

    _*><>_Unicycle_for_Christ_<><
    *_
    skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

  5. s7ev0

    s7ev0 Guest

    epistolize wrote:
    > my wheel is buckled

    Can I just say how nice it is to see the word "buckled" instead of
    "taco'd"?

    I'm sure Miss Ayerley would approve.

    --
    s7ev0