Buckwheat Pancakes Question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by mary, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. mary

    mary Guest

    A person I was talking to said that he had buckwheat cakes at a cafe, and
    that they would make a large batch of batter that would last three months or
    so. As they used it they would add a little vinegar for some reason. Once
    the batter was used up, they would not make anymore until the following year
    after the buckwheat harvest. Does this sound like it is true or just a tale?

    Thanks

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. kalanamak

    kalanamak Guest

    mary wrote:

    > A person I was talking to said that he had buckwheat cakes at a cafe, and
    > that they would make a large batch of batter that would last three months or
    > so. As they used it they would add a little vinegar for some reason. Once
    > the batter was used up, they would not make anymore until the following year
    > after the buckwheat harvest. Does this sound like it is true or just a tale?

    Sounds like a tale. Sitting for three months, you'd end up with
    sourdough and who needs vinegar in that.
    blacksalt