Budget bike lights online selection tips

Aslongdeal

Feb 8, 2017
Do you think you have to spend a lot of bucks on your bike light for the best value? That’s not necessary true with so many choices in both offline and online stores. One of the benefits we may get from quickly developed technologies is that we can get access to what was once unaffordable easily. For buying bike lights online, by just typing in keywords, lots of related items will pop up. All you have to do is to fix your requirement and make a choice.

To seek out your requirement, you need to understand what good bike lights share. First of all, think about what kind of light is needed, a front light or rear light or side light? Different types have their own features respectively. For a front light, brightness counts. For rear light, extensive light distribution shall be taken into consideration. Then you need to think about under what kind of environment will be used, whether it’s for road commuting cycling, off-road or MTB cycling. It affects your choice of both the lights type and other features like battery life. MTB cycling emphasizes both brightness and long battery life; while for commuting, convenience may be your first concern. After that, you have to set your budget, how much you are willing to spend on it. For instance, you may set a price range and search accordingly. And much likely you will find your ideal budget bike lights.

After figuring out basic information like light types, battery life and your budget, you can start your selection by different keywords. You may type in front bike lights, rear bike lights or MTB lights or prices range etc. Then you will come across what meets your need.

Of course you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a decent light, the prices of LED lighting has fallen dramatically since when they first came out, and they've gotten dramatically brighter at the same time the prices were dropping.

Some lights that are expensive are stupid bright in my opinion, I don't understand why anyone would need a 2000 lumen light unless you were doing single track riding at night.

I think the sweet spot in lighting for the street is 700 lumens, but that should a mid setting brightness so in case you ever need more like on a dark rainy night you can bump it up to 1000 or so.

With lights you can go with cheap generic Chinese made lights but those can have problems, however lately they've actually improved. I still think they over rate their lumens by a lot so if they say it puts out 2000 lumens it's probably closer to 1000, but to get a 1000 lumen light for $40 is a steal. However if you want service and warranty after the sale, and better quality build with much closer to actual lumen rating I would go with a brand name and pay more.

Brand lights like the Fenix BC30 that sells for $100; or the very reasonably priced Ravemen PR900 that sells for $75 on Amazon; or the Lezyne Super Drive 1250XL that sells for $120. On the lower end of the price spectrum if all you want is the lowest cost possible but still have enough light to see by would be the Sahara Sailor 5600lm light, keep in mind that the 5600lm rating is probably actually no more than 1000 to maybe 1200, but for $29 on Amazon with high reviews it's a strong possibility, but you can't get that kind of lumens with a 4400 mah battery and run for 2 to 4 hours on the high setting, which is clue that the light is closer to 1200 lumens.

Some of these cheaper lights in the past has issues with the batteries catching fire during recharge, I would suggest, to be safe, is to charge the battery inside a metal can placed on a surface that won't catch fire like concrete.

the lights I mentioned are just a suggestion, you'll get hundreds of suggestions, just research them and take your pick.