bugger! battery time - Polar 725

jcjordan said:
I will second that. Polar-Pursuit in Adelaide (Polar distributer in Australia) recomend that you wash it every couple of times you use it with old toothbrush; they recomend that you scub the silver conections between the centre part and the strap and the the sensor parts of the strap. All I do is take it into the shower and give it a wash after a ride.

I just got 725x (replacing my lost 710) and the strap is different. Soft material with a separate transmitter centre - not like the single plastic chest strap of the old model. The instructions suggest washing it but how long will this thing last going through the machine? I think I'd prefer to just wipe it after a ride but is this sufficient? Damn them! I liked the old strap!

hippy

jcjordan said:
I will second that. Polar-Pursuit in Adelaide (Polar distributer in Australia) recomend that you wash it every couple of times you use it with old toothbrush; they recomend that you scub the silver conections between the centre part and the strap and the the sensor parts of the strap. All I do is take it into the shower and give it a wash after a ride.
bah! i have changed the battery in the watch and now my heart rate doesnt seem to go above about 150 on the transmitter when i know (by basis of almost blanking out on the bike) that it should be higher.

I thought these things were supposed to facilitate a utopian society????

byron27 said:
bah! i have changed the battery in the watch and now my heart rate doesnt seem to go above about 150 on the transmitter when i know (by basis of almost blanking out on the bike) that it should be higher.
I thought these things were supposed to facilitate a utopian society????

How far is the watch from the transmitter? Did you wet the strap and all that jazz? It seems odd that it would work at all and yet give low readings - I'd expect it to die totally or be off the scale - maybe you are just too fit for it now and Polar require you to step up to using a Power meter? ;)

hippy

hippy said:
How far is the watch from the transmitter? Did you wet the strap and all that jazz? It seems odd that it would work at all and yet give low readings - I'd expect it to die totally or be off the scale - maybe you are just too fit for it now and Polar require you to step up to using a Power meter? ;)

hippy
good idea!

now if i can find someone to donate me one.....

surely there must be a few floating around the second hand pro market??

I've had a 725X for a couple of years. I've handwashed the chest strap a
couple of times a week for most of that time, using hand soap and care no
sign of deterioration - it doesn't need to be machine washed at all.
--
Bob C
news:[email protected]...