Buh-Bye bomberhood

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:43:57 +0000, Anthony Sloan did issue forth:

> I'm all Foxy now!

I know it's not a great test of a fork, but I had a bounce of some Foxes at the weekend.

Stiction? What's that?

"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm all Foxy now!

Marzocchi may well make reliable and smooth acting forks. But the two I've had have been utter ****.
I was much happier with the Judy. Far be it from me to do thousands of off-road rides on several
different forks and come up with an opinion contrary to the am-b party line, eh.....

Andy Chequer, IoM has killed my Z5's air springs. ****.

Anthony Sloan wrote:
> I'm all Foxy now!

I will be with my next bike, too!

Greg

Anthony Sloan wrote:
> I'm all Foxy now!

If they didn't give me great deals, I think I'd seriously consider one of those suckers. We were
thinking of looking into sponsorship with them, but they don't make any DH forks (yet?), so the
big M it was!

Jon Bond

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:43:57 -0500, Anthony Sloan wrote:
> I'm all Foxy now!

Have you ridden it yet? How does it compare to what you've had previously?

Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:43:57 +0000, Anthony Sloan did issue forth:
>
> > I'm all Foxy now!
>
> I know it's not a great test of a fork, but I had a bounce of some Foxes at the weekend.

For a beter test of a fork, shoulda bounced on the fork.

> Stiction? What's that?

Short memory? What's that?

Shaun aRe

Andy Chequer wrote:
> "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>I'm all Foxy now!
>

> Marzocchi may well make reliable and smooth acting forks. But the two I've had have been utter
> ****. I was much happier with the Judy. Far be it from me to do thousands of off-road rides on
> several different forks and come up with an opinion contrary to the am-b party line, eh.....

Seize him.

I wish I could say that I never had problems with the forks, and am just trying something different.
But three different models gave me some form of problem or another.

I wish I could say that the customer service was above average, or even average. Indifferent and
downright rude are words that spring to mind.

Dare I say it, my SID was more reliable than my Marathon. Now there's a conundrum. Would you rather
have a reliable yet flexy fork, or a fork that performs well, except for the every six weeks, back
to the factory faliure?

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

BB wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:43:57 -0500, Anthony Sloan wrote:
>
>>I'm all Foxy now!
>

> Have you ridden it yet? How does it compare to what you've had previously?

It gets grafted on to the Bubblegum bike today and I head out to Flat Creek this afternoon for some
riding, relaxing and Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia (If'n the Chorizo Boy comes through.)

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

> Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:43:57 +0000, Anthony Sloan did issue forth:
> >
> > > I'm all Foxy now!
> >
> > I know it's not a great test of a fork, but I had a bounce of some Foxes at the weekend.
>
> For a beter test of a fork, shoulda bounced on the fork.
>
> > Stiction? What's that?
>
> Short memory? What's that?

Whats what?

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:55:35 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
<andy@(youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> blathered:

>> I'm all Foxy now!
>
>Marzocchi may well make reliable and smooth acting forks. But the two I've had have been
>utter ****.

After due consideration I, assuming the role of the nation's longterm test guineau pig, have just
fitted to my bike a set of Magura CP 125s. Interesting note in the installation notes:

"Please note the following points when using disk brakes on your fork due to increased forcese
actuating on the system dropout-hub. MAGURA recommends using quick releases with a minimum diameter
of 19mm on the QR nuts. Never use ultralight QRs with aluminium or titanium axles, because they can
not realize the necessary tightening torque. The QR must be tightened strongly and must be checked
before each ride for correct function."

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

> I wish I could say that I never had problems with the forks, and am just trying something
> different. But three different models gave me some form of problem or another.
>
> I wish I could say that the customer service was above average, or even average. Indifferent and
> downright rude are words that spring to mind.
>
> Dare I say it, my SID was more reliable than my Marathon. Now there's a conundrum. Would you
> rather have a reliable yet flexy fork, or a fork that performs well, except for the every six
> weeks, back to the factory faliure?

I second this experience, except I have a different marz (flylight air). I always wondered why I was
the only one to have problems with Marzocchi, and never a peep of trouble from my RS which everyone
seems to love to bash.

Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:55:35 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
> <andy@(youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> blathered:
>
> >> I'm all Foxy now!
> >
> >Marzocchi may well make reliable and smooth acting forks. But the two
I've
> >had have been utter ****.
>
> After due consideration I, assuming the role of the nation's longterm test guineau pig, have just
> fitted to my bike a set of Magura CP 125s. Interesting note in the installation notes:
>
> "Please note the following points when using disk brakes on your fork due to increased forcese
> actuating on the system dropout-hub. MAGURA recommends using quick releases with a minimum
> diameter of 19mm on the QR nuts. Never use ultralight QRs with aluminium or titanium axles,
> because they can not realize the necessary tightening torque. The QR must be tightened strongly
> and must be checked before each ride for correct function."

Wow, that's a timely one....

Shaun aRe

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:43:57 +0000, Anthony Sloan did issue forth:

> > > I know it's not a great test of a fork, but I had a bounce of some
Foxes
> > > at the weekend.
> >
> > For a beter test of a fork, shoulda bounced on the fork.
> >
> > > Stiction? What's that?
> >
> > Short memory? What's that?
> >

> Whats what?

It is what it is, what is what is what.

Shaun aRe

In article <[email protected]>, Andy Chequer wrote:

> "Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I'm all Foxy now!
>
> Marzocchi may well make reliable and smooth acting forks. But the two I've had have been utter
> ****. I was much happier with the Judy. Far be it from me to do thousands of off-road rides on
> several different forks and come up with an opinion contrary to the am-b party line, eh.....

This is less signigicant, but the 2 Bombers that I've had have never given me problems, despite
the fact that I ride them through the winter, even when it's -25C out. I've had my Z.3 rebuilt
only once.

That said, I think my next fork will likely be a Manitou minute. I'll be buying a Giant VT-2 this
fall, and if what they say about the Minute balancing out the suspension feel is true, I'll dump
that Psylo on some other poor sucker. Even if I don't buy the Manitou, I'm sure as hell not
keeping the RS.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in
> message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> Foxes
> > >
> > > For a beter test of a fork, shoulda bounced on the fork.

> > > Short memory? What's that?
> > >

> > Whats what?
>
> It is what it is, what is what is what.
>

> Shaun aRe

<Izzard>

WHAT? I'M EIGHTY TWO....

</Izzard>

Andy Chequer

"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm all Foxy now!

My wife rode the Epic with the Fox shock, and even with her limited riding experience (read my write
up on the FFTF) she commented on how much she liked that fork ... and the bike as a whole.

Tony, are you heading this way for the Iron Horse? Hook up for a beer? Probably not too many, I'm
doing the road ride on Saturday and may do the XC on Sunday.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Craig Brossman wrote:

>"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>I'm all Foxy now!
>>

>My wife rode the Epic with the Fox shock, and even with her limited riding experience (read my
>write up on the FFTF) she commented on how much she liked that fork ... and the bike as a whole.
>
>Tony, are you heading this way for the Iron Horse? Hook up for a beer? Probably not too many, I'm
>doing the road ride on Saturday and may do the XC on Sunday.
>
>--
>Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

I am going to be in town on Thursday morning, I plan on doing the road ride on Sat and perhaps the
xc on Sunday, and plenty of dirt rides on Thursday, Friday and Monday.

I dunno what sort of pace you are shooting for on the road ride, but I have a few friends coming to
do the road ride and perhaps we could combine forces for that. I think I did it last year in around
three hours.

Let's definitely try to hook up

Its good. Really, really good.

--
My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.