Buh-bye supersize fries

Curly Sue wrote:
> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
> fries (6 oz).
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
>
> Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Why don't they just rename it "family size"? It's a great size to share between 2 or 3 people.

-Bob

"Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
> fries (6 oz).
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html

Damnit! About the only thing I like about going to McD's is the super-sized drink! I can order my
meal and then top-off the super-sized drink to last me the rest of the day!

Don't really care about the fries though. Once they get cold, yuck!

Bret

Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

"zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Curly Sue wrote:
> > McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
> > fries (6 oz).
> >
> > http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
> >
> > Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
>

> Why don't they just rename it "family size"? It's a great size to share between 2 or 3 people.

As if you ever do that.......my money says that you wolf down the entire thing alone, then sit
licking your fingers and jacking off to Star Trek re-runs.

projectile vomit chick wrote:

> "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
>
>>Curly Sue wrote:
>>
>>>McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
>>>fries (6 oz).
>>>
>>>http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
>>>
>>>Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
>>

>>Why don't they just rename it "family size"? It's a great size to share between 2 or 3 people.
>

> As if you ever do that.......my money says that you wolf down the entire thing alone, then sit
> licking your fingers and jacking off to Star Trek re-runs.

You'd be wrong -- about the fries *and* the Star Trek reruns.

-Bob

Curly Sue wrote:

> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
> fries (6 oz).

I don't know why, I honestly rarely eat fast food, but I've gone to McDonald's, Burger King and
Wendy's a total of five times since December. Well, I know why three of the times, circumstances.

At any rate, I did go to McDonalds last week. I got a Big Mac and fries. Never had them before, sure
as hell heard enough about them. First of all, it wasn't supersized, I don't think, I certainly
didn't ask for that. It was like a BOTTOMLESS PIT. I could not believe how big this container of
fries was. Sure as hell couldn't eat more than a quarter of them. Ate half the Big Mac, it was ok.

But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains. I
was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.

nancy

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:12:03 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

> You'd be wrong -- about the fries *and* the Star Trek reruns.

...Dr. Who re-runs? ;-)
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would be so simple that
we couldn't.

Nancy Young wrote:
> Curly Sue wrote:
>>
>> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks.
> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
> I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
>
> nancy

That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like
movie-houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the
same anymore.

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two
> > chains. I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.

> That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like movie-
> houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the same
> anymore.

I know about that, but the other chains seem to manage to put out a decent product. It wasn't even
the oil they were fried in, it was something icky about them. Like they were fako potatoes.

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>>> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two
>>> chains. I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
>
>> That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like movie-
>> houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the same
>> anymore.
>
> I know about that, but the other chains seem to manage to put out a decent product. It wasn't even
> the oil they were fried in, it was something icky about them. Like they were fako potatoes.
>
> nancy

Entirely possible. Used to be, before there were so many franchises, McDonald's had a single potato
supplier. These days they probably use frozen tater products. But don't quote me, 'cause I don't
work there.

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > I know about that, but the other chains seem to manage to put out a decent product. It wasn't
> > even the oil they were fried in, it was something icky about them. Like they were fako potatoes.

> Entirely possible. Used to be, before there were so many franchises, McDonald's had a single
> potato supplier. These days they probably use frozen tater products. But don't quote me, 'cause I
> don't work there.

(laugh) Notice I still managed to eat a handful. Sometimes a good dose of ketchup can cover a
host of ills.

nancy

"projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> deliciously posted
in news:[email protected]:

> "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:40453e43.3961794@news-
> server.nyc.rr.com...
>> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
>> fries (6 oz).
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
>
> Oh this is tragic news to all the fat-asses that inhabit this group!

Of course you are included in the fat ass category, no?

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

"projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> deliciously posted
in news:[email protected]:

> "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:40453e43.3961794@news-
> server.nyc.rr.com...
>> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
>> fries (6 oz).
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
>
> Oh this is tragic news to all the fat-asses that inhabit this group!

Of course you are included in the fat ass category, no?

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Nancy Young <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
> I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
>
> nancy

The fries used to be the only thing I went to McDs for. They used to be great but a few years back
(I think) they changed the oil or the potato or something and the fries have never been the same. I
don't much care about the super size thing because I seldom eat there. I do run through the drive
through in the morning and grab a salad for lunch about once a month.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Nancy Young <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
> I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
>
> nancy

The fries used to be the only thing I went to McDs for. They used to be great but a few years back
(I think) they changed the oil or the potato or something and the fries have never been the same. I
don't much care about the super size thing because I seldom eat there. I do run through the drive
through in the morning and grab a salad for lunch about once a month.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:%[email protected]:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> Curly Sue wrote:
>>>
>>> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks.
>> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
>> I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
>>
>> nancy
>
> That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like movie-
> houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the same
> anymore.
>
> Jill

So that was it. The fat they were fried in.

Michael