Buh-bye supersize fries

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Curly Sue, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    Tags:

  2. Zxcvbob

    Zxcvbob Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:
    > McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    > fries (6 oz).
    >
    > http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
    >
    > Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    Why don't they just rename it "family size"? It's a great size to share between 2 or 3 people.

    -Bob

  3. Maverick

    Maverick Guest

    "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    > fries (6 oz).
    >
    > http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html

    Damnit! About the only thing I like about going to McD's is the super-sized drink! I can order my
    meal and then top-off the super-sized drink to last me the rest of the day!

    Don't really care about the fries though. Once they get cold, yuck!

    Bret

    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  4. "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Curly Sue wrote:
    > > McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    > > fries (6 oz).
    > >
    > > http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
    > >
    > > Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
    >

    > Why don't they just rename it "family size"? It's a great size to share between 2 or 3 people.

    As if you ever do that.......my money says that you wolf down the entire thing alone, then sit
    licking your fingers and jacking off to Star Trek re-runs.

  5. Zxcvbob

    Zxcvbob Guest

    projectile vomit chick wrote:

    > "zxcvbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    >
    >>Curly Sue wrote:
    >>
    >>>McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    >>>fries (6 oz).
    >>>
    >>>http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
    >>>
    >>>Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
    >>

    >>Why don't they just rename it "family size"? It's a great size to share between 2 or 3 people.
    >

    > As if you ever do that.......my money says that you wolf down the entire thing alone, then sit
    > licking your fingers and jacking off to Star Trek re-runs.

    You'd be wrong -- about the fries *and* the Star Trek reruns.

    -Bob

  6. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

  7. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

  8. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:

    > McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    > fries (6 oz).

    I don't know why, I honestly rarely eat fast food, but I've gone to McDonald's, Burger King and
    Wendy's a total of five times since December. Well, I know why three of the times, circumstances.

    At any rate, I did go to McDonalds last week. I got a Big Mac and fries. Never had them before, sure
    as hell heard enough about them. First of all, it wasn't supersized, I don't think, I certainly
    didn't ask for that. It was like a BOTTOMLESS PIT. I could not believe how big this container of
    fries was. Sure as hell couldn't eat more than a quarter of them. Ate half the Big Mac, it was ok.

    But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains. I
    was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.

    nancy

  9. On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:12:03 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

    > You'd be wrong -- about the fries *and* the Star Trek reruns.

    ...Dr. Who re-runs? ;-)
    --
    Tim.

    If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would be so simple that
    we couldn't.

  10. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > Curly Sue wrote:
    >>
    >> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks.
    > But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
    > I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
    >
    > nancy

    That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like
    movie-houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the
    same anymore.

    Jill

  11. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > Nancy Young wrote:

    > > But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two
    > > chains. I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.

    > That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like movie-
    > houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the same
    > anymore.

    I know about that, but the other chains seem to manage to put out a decent product. It wasn't even
    the oil they were fried in, it was something icky about them. Like they were fako potatoes.

    nancy

  12. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > jmcquown wrote:
    >>
    >> Nancy Young wrote:
    >
    >>> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two
    >>> chains. I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
    >
    >> That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like movie-
    >> houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the same
    >> anymore.
    >
    > I know about that, but the other chains seem to manage to put out a decent product. It wasn't even
    > the oil they were fried in, it was something icky about them. Like they were fako potatoes.
    >
    > nancy

    Entirely possible. Used to be, before there were so many franchises, McDonald's had a single potato
    supplier. These days they probably use frozen tater products. But don't quote me, 'cause I don't
    work there.

    Jill

  13. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > Nancy Young wrote:

    > > I know about that, but the other chains seem to manage to put out a decent product. It wasn't
    > > even the oil they were fried in, it was something icky about them. Like they were fako potatoes.

    > Entirely possible. Used to be, before there were so many franchises, McDonald's had a single
    > potato supplier. These days they probably use frozen tater products. But don't quote me, 'cause I
    > don't work there.

    (laugh) Notice I still managed to eat a handful. Sometimes a good dose of ketchup can cover a
    host of ills.

    nancy

  14. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> deliciously posted
    in news:[email protected]:

    > "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > server.nyc.rr.com...
    >> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    >> fries (6 oz).
    >>
    >> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
    >
    > Oh this is tragic news to all the fat-asses that inhabit this group!

    Of course you are included in the fat ass category, no?

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  15. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> deliciously posted
    in news:[email protected]:

    > "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > server.nyc.rr.com...
    >> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks. They'll still sell large
    >> fries (6 oz).
    >>
    >> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Business/ap20040302_2460.html
    >
    > Oh this is tragic news to all the fat-asses that inhabit this group!

    Of course you are included in the fat ass category, no?

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  16. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Nancy Young <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
    > I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
    >
    > nancy

    The fries used to be the only thing I went to McDs for. They used to be great but a few years back
    (I think) they changed the oil or the potato or something and the fries have never been the same. I
    don't much care about the super size thing because I seldom eat there. I do run through the drive
    through in the morning and grab a salad for lunch about once a month.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  17. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Nancy Young <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
    > I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
    >
    > nancy

    The fries used to be the only thing I went to McDs for. They used to be great but a few years back
    (I think) they changed the oil or the potato or something and the fries have never been the same. I
    don't much care about the super size thing because I seldom eat there. I do run through the drive
    through in the morning and grab a salad for lunch about once a month.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  18. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:%[email protected]:

    > Nancy Young wrote:
    >> Curly Sue wrote:
    >>>
    >>> McDonald's is getting rid of the supersize fries (7 oz) and drinks.
    >> But here's the thing. The fries were horrible. Easily and by far worse than the other two chains.
    >> I was suprised by that after all I'd heard about them over the years.
    >>
    >> nancy
    >
    > That's because the Food Police made them stop using real fat to fry them in. It's a bit like movie-
    > houses being told to stop using saturated fat to pop corn... suddenly it just wasn't the same
    > anymore.
    >
    > Jill

    So that was it. The fat they were fried in.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  19. Dog3