Bike Cafe · Public discussion

build my own trike

Started by Existentialfish · · Last activity · 4 posts · 4,184 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
2 October 2003
Last activity
30 December 2003
Original author
Existentialfish
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,184
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. hello all

    Let me introduce myself. I am a 34 year old man, I live on the top of a mountain. I weigh 250 pounds. and oh yeah, I have a problem with my left leg, no power to speak of.

    hmmm... well yes, I still want to ride a bike.

    I have a few questions and would love to have some feedback.

    I grew up riding, I used to put together bikes, sometimes with brakes, sometimes without, I used to ride through NYC, 30-40 miles a day. I love biking.

    Now on the other hand, I have a fairly cheap mountain bike, with a currie electric drive on it. It isnt really adequate for the serious hills, and my serious weight.

    And oh yeah, I live in israel and I cant import a serious electric bike. Customs doesnt have a clue about electric vehicles and they wont let any into the country. 🙁

    So... I am gonna build one.

    I want to start with a tricycle base. It should be stable enougfh to put on the serious motor for the speed and power that I need. But I think i want to build one from scratch, can anyone direct me to any bicycle/tricycle design sites? or custom, non recumbant trikes?

    Am I on the wrong board completely? 🙂

    Peace and thank you

  2. I don't know if this will be of any help but have a look at this page:
    http://www.phred.org/~josh/build/design.html

    There are plenty of links there which might get you to what you're looking for.

    HTH an good luck.

  3. Hi,

    You might also like to try http://www.ihpva.org/Builders/ for general building advice, and it might be worth having a look at this guys homepage for some homebuilt trike and bike info http://www.ihpva.org/people/tstrike/shelco/index.htm
    Also, check out the homebuilders forum at www.bentrideronline.com click on the message board link, and then homebuilders.

    Hope this helps.

  4. hi
    my name is hezi
    i think i can help you
    i have built some recumbents
    and you can buy a trike here in israel
    you can reach me at [email hidden]
    yours hezi ismach
    petah tikva israel

    Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Existentialfish

    hello all

    Let me introduce myself. I am a 34 year old man, I live on the top of a mountain. I weigh 250 pounds. and oh yeah, I have a problem with my left leg, no power to speak of.

    hmmm... well yes, I still want to ride a bike.

    I have a few questions and would love to have some feedback.

    I grew up riding, I used to put together bikes, sometimes with brakes, sometimes without, I used to ride through NYC, 30-40 miles a day. I love biking.

    Now on the other hand, I have a fairly cheap mountain bike, with a currie electric drive on it. It isnt really adequate for the serious hills, and my serious weight.

    And oh yeah, I live in israel and I cant import a serious electric bike. Customs doesnt have a clue about electric vehicles and they wont let any into the country. 🙁

    So... I am gonna build one.

    I want to start with a tricycle base. It should be stable enougfh to put on the serious motor for the speed and power that I need. But I think i want to build one from scratch, can anyone direct me to any bicycle/tricycle design sites? or custom, non recumbant trikes?

    Am I on the wrong board completely? 🙂

    Peace and thank you

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.