Build up problems - please help

fiscem4

Sep 15, 2004
Ok so I bought this old Fuji frame to turn into a fixed gear for next winter. I am having a few problems

1) I have had two seatposts, neither of which will fit. The first was a 27.2 the second was 26.8. Both were too large for fit into the frame. What size do I need and where can I find it?

2) I bought two 700c tires to put on the wheels and they don't fit. The tires are too small. Are there wheels that are larger than 700c?

Please help. Although I only have a few hundred into this bike so far, I'm a college kid, so thats a lot of money.

fiscem4 said:
Ok so I bought this old Fuji frame to turn into a fixed gear for next winter. I am having a few problems

1) I have had two seatposts, neither of which will fit. The first was a 27.2 the second was 26.8. Both were too large for fit into the frame. What size do I need and where can I find it?

2) I bought two 700c tires to put on the wheels and they don't fit. The tires are too small. Are there wheels that are larger than 700c?

Please help. Although I only have a few hundred into this bike so far, I'm a college kid, so thats a lot of money.

Here's a clip from captainbike.com's seatpost database. Looks like at least thre of them are smaller than 26.8

Fuji Club 1982? 26.6
Fuji Cross 1999 27.0
Fuji Finest 1973 26.4
Fuji League 1985 26.8
Fuji Monterey 1981? 27.0
Fuji Professional 1982 26.8
Fuji Roubaix 1997 26.8
Fuji Roubaix 2000 27.2
Fuji Sagres SP 1988? 25.8 Taiwan
Fuji SX-550 1996 26.6
Fuji Team 1997 26.6 (Spec'd for 26.8, owners say 26.6)
Fuji Touring Series 1997 26.8

fiscem4 said:
Then they're probably 27", which has a bead diameter that's about 8mm bigger than 700c.

I think my old Fuji took a 26.6. I'm at work right now but I will check tonight. It was a 1984 Team with the Quad butted main tubing. I've still got the frameset w/ seatpost hanging in my garage. The frame is beyond repair from a racing crash so you can have the seatpost for the cost of shipping if it's the size you need.

Gonzo Bob said:
I think my old Fuji took a 26.6. I'm at work right now but I will check tonight. It was a 1984 Team with the Quad butted main tubing. I've still got the frameset w/ seatpost hanging in my garage. The frame is beyond repair from a racing crash so you can have the seatpost for the cost of shipping if it's the size you need.
That would be awesome! Not to mention amazingly helpful and generous of you. If you're still willing to do this shoot me an email at [email protected] and let me know what you would like me to do! thanks everyone!