builders, and builder wannabes!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Brian MacKenzie, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Thank you!!!! The only problem is, do they have an inspection process? I
    wouldn't want to send them a complicated titanium cnc job, and then find
    out that it was completely botched. What's cool, though, is that we
    could always just buy a set of plans from Steve Howard and then have
    these people machine it for us. Very cool.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
    army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
    out?

    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
    to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
    Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

  3. showard

    showard Guest

    An online machine shop is a very interesting idea. It would definately
    be worth a try at least.

    gerblefranklin wrote:
    > * What's cool, though, is that we could always just buy a set of plans
    > from Steve Howard and then have these people machine it for us. Very
    > cool. *

    BUY a set of plans from me? That's not necessary ... I'll gladly
    provide drawings and/or CAD files for anything unicycle related that
    I've done. I consider everything that I've designed, built and written
    about here to be in the public domain.

    SH

    --
    showard - ------
    showard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/452

  4. showard wrote:
    > *An online machine shop is a very interesting idea. It would
    > definately be worth a try at least.
    >

    > BUY a set of plans from me? That's not necessary ... I'll gladly
    > provide drawings and/or CAD files for anything unicycle related that
    > I've done. I consider everything that I've designed, built and
    > written about here to be in the public domain.
    >
    > SH *

    Hey, if that's the case, would you mind sending me a set of plans for
    the frame you were riding at moab (the one with built in magura brake
    holes)? I'm afraid that making one of your frames through this site will
    be a bit expensive, though... We'll see.

    My e-mail is onehweeler(at)mindspring.com

    Thanks

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
    army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
    out?

    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
    to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
    Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

  5. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    Hmmm, maybe it's time we tried making one of these:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/cranks

    Daniel

    --
    daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
    Kaena
    Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
    on the right"
    Sig count: 2

    04.05.23 11214
    04.05.25 11284
    04.05.26 11329

  6. bugman

    bugman Guest

    gerblefranklin wrote:
    > *
    >
    > Hey, if that's the case, would you mind sending me a set of plans for
    > the frame you were riding at moab (the one with built in magura brake
    > holes)? I'm afraid that making one of your frames through this site
    > will be a bit expensive, though... We'll see.
    >
    > My e-mail is onehweeler(at)mindspring.com
    >
    > Thanks *

    What, Steve won't sell you a built one? Why go through a middle man?
    Steve, your not willing to trade cash for a frame? If not that is
    really dissapointing. I may want to buy something from you some day.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with
    his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive
    achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
    Ayn Rand

  7. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

    daino149 wrote:
    > *Hmmm, maybe it's time we tried making one of these:
    > http://gallery.unicyclist.com/cranks
    >
    > Daniel *

    I wonder if they could make it. Even if they could, though who would pay
    for all the expense. Maybe we could start a fund or something for the
    research of geared Unicycles.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

    [image: http://pics.xs.to/pics/04063/catko.jpg]
    I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

  8. dubmuni2004

    dubmuni2004 Guest

    daino149 wrote:
    > *Hmmm, maybe it's time we tried making one of these:
    > http://gallery.unicyclist.com/cranks
    >
    > Daniel *

    i was thinking, it would just be better to make cranks that adjust
    lengths, mostly for distance unicycles. and your design looks very hard
    to ride

    --
    dubmuni2004 - hardcore DH Muni

    "i was hoping i hade good medical insurance" - my mom to tv iterveiwer

    [email protected]
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

  9. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    dubmuni2004 wrote:
    > *
    >
    > i was thinking, it would just be better to make cranks that adjust
    > lengths, mostly for distance unicycles. and your design looks very
    > hard to ride *

    I'd like to say that they are my design. OneWheelDave came up with the
    basic idea and the rest of us threw in some ideas of our own. Here is
    the original thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/529au

    I like both designs and I'd like to see prototypes of each.

    --
    daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
    Kaena
    Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
    on the right"
    Sig count: 2

    04.05.23 11214
    04.05.25 11284
    04.05.26 11329

  10. teachndad

    teachndad Guest

    What comes to mind for me are one piece aluminum seat posts. I want to
    kick loose the boat anchor KH steel seat adapter. Do they have an oven,
    I wonder.

    --
    teachndad - aka The Munieer

    Rod Wylie

    'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicycling.us)
    'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images' (http://tinyurl.com/4otql)
    'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
    (http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)

    teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

  11. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

  12. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    Wow... I wonder if they could make a titanium frame... If I ever get
    good... I think i'll get a titanium frame... I'd have to be pretty good
    to think of spending that much money to increase hop height by like 3cm.
    I doubt it'll ever happen, unless they become more of a standard thing.

    --
    Robbie - Street Unicyclist

    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-900/dr_z.gif]
    Greeny23