Building a DuraAce Kestrel Talon

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Qi, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Qi

    Qi Guest

    Hey,

    I am building a new road bike. Although I have built many mountain bikes, this will be my first road
    machine. I just bought a new Kestrel Talon Frame seen here:

    http://www.kestrel-usa.com/products/images/alt-road-talonblueultdlx.jpg

    and the Shimano DuraAce 7700 Build kit from Colorado Cyclist. Anybody have any tips or pointers for
    an old mountain bike guy working on an off-trail bike?

    Thanks for any help,

    Qi

    Tags:

  2. Qj-<< I am building a new road bike. Although I have built many mountain bikes,
    this will be my first road machine. I just bought a new Kestrel Talon Frame
    seen here: >><BR><BR>

    Biggest one is ensure that the BB sheel is prepped, that's right, chase the threads and face the
    aluminum shell, samo for the head tube. Then grease everything threaded, adjust BB well with grease
    added, otherwise it's just a bike. make the housing long enough as well as the fork steerer, You can
    always shorten it, diffucult to lengthen.

  3. Phil Brown

    Phil Brown Guest

    > You can always shorten it, diffucult to lengthen.

    "I cut the damn thing three times and it was still too short"-old carpenter's joke. Phil Brown

  4. Jr

    Jr Guest

    After spending that much cash, you might consider spending another 50 bucks (or whatever) to have a
    good shop assemble for you.

    "Phil Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m26.aol.com...
    > > You can always shorten it, diffucult to lengthen.
    >
    > "I cut the damn thing three times and it was still too short"-old
    carpenter's
    > joke. Phil Brown

  5. Qi

    Qi Guest

    jr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > After spending that much cash, you might consider spending another 50
    bucks
    > (or whatever) to have a good shop assemble for you.

    It's kind of a hobby, the bike means more if I build it myself. How will I ever learn if I don't do
    it myself? You can only read so much. Plus, when parts need replacement I don't want to wait for the
    shop. I can do Shimano on mountain bikes, why not learn to work on road. Why not save the $50 for
    after build/ride brews.

    Qi