Building a motorized bike?

On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:03:20 GMT, Jasper Janssen <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 03 May 2006 17:25:55 GMT, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>This is one place where a little deregulation might go a long way. A
>>century ago, in much of the US, it was still legal for a family to
>>simply bury the deceased themselves in the family plot. I know that
>>there are states where this is not the case now.

>a) the coroner needs to be involved, and this is a good and proper piece
>of regulation and b) it's very bad for the ground water.

The coroner's duty ends with the determination of the cause of death
and certification that foul play requiring further investigation was
not involved. As for the ground water, that's baloney in over 95% of
the country; a decomposing body at 6 feet below the surface won't be
anywhere near the water table, and the decomposition products are
fully assimilated by the environment in a few years (most of it far
faster) if there's any large vegetation present at all. Non-Jewish
cemetaries are a bigger hazard because they try to archive the bodies,
often keeping infectious agents viable in the process, for many
decades. The propaganda about groundwater pollution is a self-serving
distortion that has been used by the funerary industry for centuries
as a means of getting laws passed and scaring people into paying them
for the performance of a task for which their exorbitantly overpriced
services are seldom essential.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Ignoring the safety aspect of a motorized bicycle (or moped for that
matter) there's a lot of info on this subject and a good discussion
about using a 2 stroke "weed wacker" engine on our Discussion Area
under the "Motorized Bicycle" topic.

Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com