Building a road bike

cohiba1223

Oct 20, 2004
I would like to buy an older frame and build a nice classic to have at the house, I just got into the sport four months ago and I love it, I own a trek 5000. If anyone knows of a good store to purchase older classic frames please let me know.

ben

cohiba1223 said:
I would like to buy an older frame and build a nice classic to have at the house, I just got into the sport four months ago and I love it, I own a trek 5000. If anyone knows of a good store to purchase older classic frames please let me know.

ben
Where do you live?

Miami, FL but I will spend the money on shipping if the frame is worth it. I am looking for either an old trek USA colors, or a nice italian, maybe a colnago.

ben

cohiba1223 said:
Miami, FL but I will spend the money on shipping if the frame is worth it. I am looking for either an old trek USA colors, or a nice italian, maybe a colnago.

ben
Ebay........

boudreaux said:
Ebay........
Craigslist.org is always a great resource as well.

The best bet, be it Ebay or something like, is going to be private sellers and classifieds. I'm sure there are online shops and physical stores which sell true classic higher-end frames, but I suspect you'll find that the market for older frames is skewed towards low-end stuff, or stuff in lousy shape. There's also such a strong market for new frames built in classic styles.

Cruising Ebay, though, you can turn up bizzaro gems from collecters and old shop owners. Let us know what you find...