Bulit vs Heckler.......

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zaboaa, May 15, 2003.

  1. Zaboaa

    Zaboaa Guest

    Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed to
    say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs) and
    like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs), but
    also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit seems
    like it might fit also. Any opinions?

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "ZaboAA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed
    > to say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs)
    > and like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs),
    > but also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit
    > seems like it might fit also. Any opinions?

    Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a bicycle,
    not a hypecycle.

    JD

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > "ZaboAA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for
    the
    > > Bulit I was impressed to say the least. Does anyone have experience on
    both
    > > bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs) and like to X-cty/freeride.
    > > really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs), but
    also
    > > like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect,
    but
    > > the Bulit seems like it might fit also. Any opinions?
    >
    > Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
    > bicycle, not a hypecycle.
    >
    > JD

    Unless you enjoy hype. And bubblegum... MMM! ;)

    If you already ordered the bike, just be happy with it. If you're doing cross country stuff with
    some freeride thrown in, the heckler is the way to go. The bullit is a bit hefty for normal XC.

    Jon Bond Hypelover.

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "ZaboAA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed
    > to say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs)
    > and like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs),
    > but also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit
    > seems like it might fit also. Any opinions?
    >
    > Mark

    Get the Bullit. It rocks.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
    > bicycle, not a hypecycle.
    >
    > JD

    Speaking of subpar designs.. did you ever infiltrate the target bike shop and take close-ups of
    those bubble gum welds?

    -John Morgan

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:lERxa.3072$%[email protected]...
    > > Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
    > > bicycle, not a hypecycle.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Speaking of subpar designs.. did you ever infiltrate the target bike shop and take close-ups of
    > those bubble gum welds?
    >
    > -John Morgan

    here's one I took myself.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/16527580

    Jon Bond

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<lERxa.3072$%[email protected]>...
    > > Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
    > > bicycle, not a hypecycle.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Speaking of subpar designs.. did you ever infiltrate the target bike shop and take close-ups of
    > those bubble gum welds?

    Nope, not yet. I've been pretty busy, riding. It'll probably come to me as an afterthought and I'll
    sneak a few shots.

    I did recently see a goofy-assed prototype "freeride" bike. That bike would have lasted about ten
    minutes under me on the Moore Fun, which is just a technical trail. It was a total joke and I can't
    wait to see it hit the market so I can bag on it even more.

    JD

  8. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > here's one I took myself.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/16527580
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Very funny Commander... I was referring to JD's mission to expose *faulty* welds on Santa Cruz
    bikes... =P

    -John Morgan

  9. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eMXxa.3252$%[email protected]...
    > > here's one I took myself.
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/16527580
    > >
    > > Jon Bond
    >
    > Very funny Commander... I was referring to JD's mission to expose *faulty* welds on Santa Cruz
    > bikes... =P
    >
    > -John Morgan

    Oh, I'm sorry... thought you were looking for the good welds on SC bikes ;)

    Jon Bond still waiting to build it up - man, I would have loved full suspension today!

  10. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Thu, 15 May 2003 21:34:02 -0500, ZaboAA wrote:

    > Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed
    > to say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs)
    > and like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs),
    > but also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit
    > seems like it might fit also. Any opinions?
    >
    > Mark

    You'll destroy a heckler. Try this test, press the upper part of the swingarm, where it passes the
    seat tube, against the seat tube, you can get it to touch the seat tube with very little pressure.
    On my joker, there is no play in that area. I think hecklers are for light people only, or they will
    have a short life.

    -Bruce

  11. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > You'll destroy a heckler. Try this test, press the upper part of the swingarm, where it passes the
    > seat tube, against the seat tube, you can get it to touch the seat tube with very little pressure.
    > On my joker, there is no play in that area. I think hecklers are for light people only, or they
    > will have a short life.
    >
    > -Bruce

    I have a friend who rode a heckler for 3 years, and pounded it to pieces at South Mountain. He
    started with a 24 pound XC rig, and ended up with a 36 pound free ride rig. Every single part on
    that bike was replaced due to his thrashings. He mostly went with BMX parts for replacements. The
    frame, however, never had any problems whatsoever. I would trust the heckler to be a reliable frame
    after what I've seen it go through. If you want the simplicity of single pivot, it's a good
    choice... and costs a bit less than the bullit.

    -John Morgan