Bulit vs Heckler.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zaboaa

Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed to
say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs) and
like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs), but
also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit seems
like it might fit also. Any opinions?

Mark

"ZaboAA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed
> to say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs)
> and like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs),
> but also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit
> seems like it might fit also. Any opinions?

Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a bicycle,
not a hypecycle.

JD

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "ZaboAA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for
the
> > Bulit I was impressed to say the least. Does anyone have experience on
both
> > bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs) and like to X-cty/freeride.
I
> > really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs), but
also
> > like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect,
but
> > the Bulit seems like it might fit also. Any opinions?
>
> Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
> bicycle, not a hypecycle.
>
> JD

Unless you enjoy hype. And bubblegum... MMM! ;)

If you already ordered the bike, just be happy with it. If you're doing cross country stuff with
some freeride thrown in, the heckler is the way to go. The bullit is a bit hefty for normal XC.

Jon Bond Hypelover.

"ZaboAA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just ordered a Heckler. But after reading the reviews on MTBreview for the Bulit I was impressed
> to say the least. Does anyone have experience on both bikes? I'm kinda of a heavy rider (200lbs)
> and like to X-cty/freeride. I really enjoy short very technical rides (read Edna Mae in C-sprgs),
> but also like a good climb.downhill (read captain Jacks). Heckler seems perfect, but the Bulit
>
> Mark

Get the Bullit. It rocks.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
> bicycle, not a hypecycle.
>
> JD

Speaking of subpar designs.. did you ever infiltrate the target bike shop and take close-ups of
those bubble gum welds?

-John Morgan

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<lERxa.3072$%42.1412@fed1read06>...
> > Santa Crud is a marketing and design company, with great marketing and subpar designs. By a
> > bicycle, not a hypecycle.
> >
> > JD
>
> Speaking of subpar designs.. did you ever infiltrate the target bike shop and take close-ups of
> those bubble gum welds?

Nope, not yet. I've been pretty busy, riding. It'll probably come to me as an afterthought and I'll
sneak a few shots.

I did recently see a goofy-assed prototype "freeride" bike. That bike would have lasted about ten
minutes under me on the Moore Fun, which is just a technical trail. It was a total joke and I can't
wait to see it hit the market so I can bag on it even more.

JD

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eMXxa.3252$%42.2659@fed1read06...
> > here's one I took myself.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/16527580
> >
> > Jon Bond
>
> Very funny Commander... I was referring to JD's mission to expose *faulty* welds on Santa Cruz
> bikes... =P
>
> -John Morgan

Oh, I'm sorry... thought you were looking for the good welds on SC bikes ;)

Jon Bond still waiting to build it up - man, I would have loved full suspension today!

On Thu, 15 May 2003 21:34:02 -0500, ZaboAA wrote:

>
> Mark

You'll destroy a heckler. Try this test, press the upper part of the swingarm, where it passes the
seat tube, against the seat tube, you can get it to touch the seat tube with very little pressure.
On my joker, there is no play in that area. I think hecklers are for light people only, or they will
have a short life.

-Bruce

> You'll destroy a heckler. Try this test, press the upper part of the swingarm, where it passes the
> seat tube, against the seat tube, you can get it to touch the seat tube with very little pressure.
> On my joker, there is no play in that area. I think hecklers are for light people only, or they
> will have a short life.
>
> -Bruce

I have a friend who rode a heckler for 3 years, and pounded it to pieces at South Mountain. He
started with a 24 pound XC rig, and ended up with a 36 pound free ride rig. Every single part on
that bike was replaced due to his thrashings. He mostly went with BMX parts for replacements. The
frame, however, never had any problems whatsoever. I would trust the heckler to be a reliable frame
after what I've seen it go through. If you want the simplicity of single pivot, it's a good
choice... and costs a bit less than the bullit.

-John Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.