Bullet proof USA made Scarab trike ROX!!

Cycle America

Guest
Now at our Bent Blpg, complete with pictures as
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/News/Archives/000078.html is the
following news post:

The B&M Enterprises Scarab trike the frame for which is made by an
aircraft manufacturer in Illinois, is one quality machine. Configured
with state of the art componentry and assembled with aircraft nuts,
bolts and washers, the Scarab has a cult following of well studied
owners who feel they are riding the best three wheel bike on the market.
Word has it, for example, that none of the wheels come off the ground in
a 45 mph, 90 degree turn when hammering on a Scarab! All this for a
surprisingly affordable sum, I say do check them out:
http://pages.prodigy.net/bment

54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
Can You Change it with Love?
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

M A R T I N K R I E G wrote:

> Word has it, for example, that none of the wheels come off the ground in
> a 45 mph, 90 degree turn when hammering on a Scarab!...

Without stating the radius of the 90-degree turn, the above statement is
meaningless.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Tom Sherman wrote:
> M A R T I N K R I E G wrote:

> > Word has it, for example, that none of the wheels come off the

ground in
> > a 45 mph, 90 degree turn when hammering on a Scarab!...

> Without stating the radius of the 90-degree turn, the above statement

is
> meaningless.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth

I agree with you Tom. I wonder how the Scarab would stack up on the
Inspired Cycle Engineering stability index.
http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/buyers_guide_stability_index.htm

BTW, I hate Rox brand rim tape. It is very thin and blows through or
migrates easily. In 1997 I went down on my Lightning F-40 at 60 km/h
due to a sudden front air loss as a result of using Rox rim tape. I
stick with Velox now. Anyways that is what first came to mind when I
saw "ROX" in the subject line.

Zach

Zach wrote:

> Tom Sherman wrote:
>
>>M A R T I N K R I E G wrote:

>>>Word has it, for example, that none of the wheels come off the

> ground in
>
>>>a 45 mph, 90 degree turn when hammering on a Scarab!...

>>Without stating the radius of the 90-degree turn, the above statement

> is
>
>>meaningless.
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman - Earth

> I agree with you Tom. I wonder how the Scarab would stack up on the
> Inspired Cycle Engineering stability index.
> http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/buyers_guide_stability_index.htm
>
> BTW, I hate Rox brand rim tape. It is very thin and blows through or
> migrates easily. In 1997 I went down on my Lightning F-40 at 60 km/h
> due to a sudden front air loss as a result of using Rox rim tape. I
> stick with Velox now. Anyways that is what first came to mind when I
> saw "ROX" in the subject line.

ICE appears to be competing with GM for the most models in its lineup.

Reportedly the Scarab frames are (were?) made by Wicks, and were almost
identical to the Wicks Trimuter, which itself was a copy of the
Greenspeed GTR made under license. (Since that time, Jerome Hedinger has
left Wicks to head Greenspeed’s US distribution branch.)

Corrections/confirmation of the above welcome.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

[email protected] wrote:

> Thank you Zack for pointing out the meaning of "Rox!!". I had been thinking
> the original poster's ability to express himself Sux!!

Who is "Zack"? Does he ride a "Rans"? ;)

--
Tom Sherman - Earth