Bum of trousers and bike!

Kimberly1986

Jul 20, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie on this site!

I don't know if I have posted in the right place but I have a random question that I thought I'd address to the ladies!

When I wear dark trousers or jeans, I find that the bum part of them is being worn out (i.e. going light and shiny) by cycling. I have a pair of cycling jeans that I can wear but these are seriously 80s and I'd prefer to be able to wear my normal clothes. Is there anything I can do to minimise this wearing?! I have already tied a plastic bag over the saddle, althought I bought that will do a thing.

Just so you know, I cycle around 6 miles a day, 5 days a week.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Kimberly1986 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie on this site!

I don't know if I have posted in the right place but I have a random question that I thought I'd address to the ladies!

When I wear dark trousers or jeans, I find that the bum part of them is being worn out (i.e. going light and shiny) by cycling. I have a pair of cycling jeans that I can wear but these are seriously 80s and I'd prefer to be able to wear my normal clothes. Is there anything I can do to minimise this wearing?! I have already tied a plastic bag over the saddle, althought I bought that will do a thing.

Just so you know, I cycle around 6 miles a day, 5 days a week.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I don't think there is much you can do, because it's the movement that is wearing your pants thin, not necessarily the saddle itself.

I can't tell you how many pairs of jeans I've worn out over the nears in the crotch area and knee areas, while otherwise they look fairly new.