Bumper Sticker

On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share the
Road."
Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?

Bill

__o | Roads aren't for cars. They're for people.
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) |

[email protected] writes:

> On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
> a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share the
> Road."
> Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?

I don't know where you can get one, but yellow diamond-shaped
road signs of that description are common in this area.
Appropriate Googling turned up multiple websites with pictures of
them, including this one from Pennsylvania:
http://www.share-the-road.org/about.htm
--
Ben Pfaff
email: [email protected]

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
> a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share the
> Road."
> Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?

Googling <"share the road" "bumper sticker"> will net you more results than
you can use.

RichC

Bill asked:

On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share
the
Road."
Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?

State of WI has these in green and white - see them everywhere. Don't
know where to get them.

App

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:06:11 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
wrote:

> On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
>a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share the
>Road."
> Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?
>

>Bill

That ID is from the Amber series, no? I read a bunch of scifi and
fantasy stuff so it's hard to keep it all straight, but that was the
thing in the bar after Luke slipped Merle some sort of acid, right?

dgk wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:06:11 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
> wrote:
>
> > On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
> >a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share the
> >Road."
> > Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?
> >

> >Bill
> >

> That ID is from the Amber series, no? I read a bunch of scifi and
> fantasy stuff so it's hard to keep it all straight, but that was the
> thing in the bar after Luke slipped Merle some sort of acid, right?

Are you referring to the "frumious Bandersnatch?" The original one from
Lewis Carroll or the big white sauroid from Larry Niven?

Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!

RichC

On 5 Aug 2005 07:34:02 -0700, "rdclark" <[email protected]> wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:06:11 +0000 (UTC), [email protected]
>> wrote:
>>
>> > On the road today I saw a car with a yellow bumper sticker. Graphic of
>> >a car on one end, bike on the other, and in between the words "Share the
>> >Road."
>> > Anybody else seen these? Anybody know where I could get one?
>> >

>> >Bill
>> >

>> That ID is from the Amber series, no? I read a bunch of scifi and
>> fantasy stuff so it's hard to keep it all straight, but that was the
>> thing in the bar after Luke slipped Merle some sort of acid, right?

>Are you referring to the "frumious Bandersnatch?" The original one from
>Lewis Carroll or the big white sauroid from Larry Niven?
>
>Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
> The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
>Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
> The frumious Bandersnatch!
>

>RichC

Oh, right, I had forgotten about the original. I meant a series by
Roger Zelazny that starts with a book called Nine Princes of Amber.
There was a scene in one of the later books where a guy with the
ability to travel to any sort of alternate world is slipped acid. What
he thinks he sees sort of happens. Not the kind of guy who should be
tripping. The bar turns into an Alice in Wonderland scene, complete
with the Cheshire Cat of course. And the Bandersnatch.

I miss Zelanzy, he was a very good writer.

dgk <[email protected]> wrote:

> That ID is from the Amber series, no?

Nope. Lewis Carroll. It's just a red herring for spammers that
happened to fit well as an e-mail "address."

Bill

| Other than telling us how to live, think, marry, pray, vote, invest, |
| educate our children and, now, die, I think the Republicans have done |
| a fine job of getting government out of our personal lives." |
| --Craig Carter |