Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Bunch ride 3

Started by flyingdutch · · Last activity · 107 posts · 15,916 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
1 July 2004
Last activity
12 July 2004
Original author
flyingdutch
Posts
107
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
15,916
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 107
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Shoppo at 7:20 sounds good to me. however, i think that i will need some week day rides to be in any state to climb elgar road especially at the end of our ride!

    having said that, i will still give it a go. who else is in?

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by flyingdutch

    Maybe change the start to the Shoppingtown corner of Doncaster/Williamsons Rd and we leave no later than 7:20 from there. That way we can throw in the ending at Doncaster Shoppingtown (and maybe even the Elgar Rd hill too if we are feeling masochistic!)

    You guys would be so close to my house if you followed that route that it would almost call for me to set up the espresso machine in the back yard for the end-ride recovery!

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by eddiec
    You guys would be so close to my house if you followed that route that it would almost call for me to set up the espresso machine in the back yard for the end-ride recovery!

    You wont get any complaints from me! bring on the double espresso

  4. Quoted message said:

    Maybe change the start to the Shoppingtown corner of
    Doncaster/Williamsons Rd and we leave no later than 7:20
    from there. That way we can throw in the ending at
    Doncaster Shoppingtown (and maybe even the Elgar Rd hill
    too if we are feeling masochistic!)


    You expect me to ride 10 mins to get to the start!! Bah, the
    efforts I have to go to.

    DaveB

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by tonykara
    You wont get any complaints from me! bring on the double espresso

    mmmmmmmm. dubble espressooooooh!

  6. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by flyingdutch
    mmmmmmmm. dubble espressooooooh!

    Double Bourbon?

    hippy

  7. Quoted post said:


    Double Bourbon?

    hippy

    At that time of the morning?? At my house?? 😕

    IF you're nice, you might get a dash of scotch and a pinch of nutmeg in your coffee however 🙂 Hmm... now do I have time to make biscotti...

  8. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by hippy
    Double Bourbon?

    hippy

    bluurrgghhh!!!

    thought you had discovered the joys of Guinness???

    Next you'll be saying you put coke in it!

  9. Quoted message said:

    Originally posted by eddiec
    At that time of the morning?? At my house?? 😕

    You forget..

    Sunday morning = Saturday night

    Quoted message said:

    IF you're nice, you might get a dash of scotch and a pinch of >nutmeg in your coffee however 🙂
    Hmm... now do I have time to make biscotti...

    LOL! 😄

    Whipped cream? ;-)

    hippy

  10. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by flyingdutch
    thought you had discovered the joys of Guinness???
    Next you'll be saying you put coke in it! [/B]

    ...oh yea... and COKE!!! 🙂

    No ice.. thanks.

    If I drink Guinness I'll fall asleep half way home. Bourbon and
    Coke will keep me going for another hour.. THEN the other black
    stuff THEN sleepy time.. 🙂

    hippy

  11. Count me in at 7.20am!! Corner of donny/willi road... about 50 metres from my recent ex-gf's place, lovely! haha

    Yeah, just letting you know, I will struggle as I've been a 'flathead' for the past year, but i'll finish.

    Cheers,
    Bill

  12. Quoted message said:

    How long do you reckon it takes you lot to ride from the
    start point (which I must've ridden past twice!!) to
    where Old Warrandyte veers off Donkeycaster Rd.?

    hippy


    It's about 10 mins from Thompsons/Manningham Rd to Doncaster
    Rd, and then about another 10 mins to Old Warrandyte Rd. So
    if it's agreed we are starting at Shoppingtown then about 10
    mins to Old Warrandyte Rd. Just make sure you are at the
    point where it veers off from Doncaster Rd and not the
    intersection where Old Warrandyte Rd crosses Springvale Rd.

    DaveB

  13. Now we are getting somewhere, soon we will be able to refer to the bunch as a train 😄

  14. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Daveb
    > How long do you reckon it takes you lot to ride from the

    Quoted message said:

    start point (which I must've ridden past twice!!) to
    where Old Warrandyte veers off Donkeycaster Rd.?

    hippy


    It's about 10 mins from Thompsons/Manningham Rd to Doncaster
    Rd, and then about another 10 mins to Old Warrandyte Rd. So
    if it's agreed we are starting at Shoppingtown then about 10
    mins to Old Warrandyte Rd. Just make sure you are at the
    point where it veers off from Doncaster Rd and not the
    intersection where Old Warrandyte Rd crosses Springvale Rd.

    DaveB

    Last time I saw old warrandyte road, it had concrete pieces everywhere... resurfacing must have been completed.

  15. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by kyra
    Last time I saw old warrandyte road, it had concrete pieces everywhere... resurfacing must have been completed.

    its abit rough but thats due to the exposed aggregate surface. it has obviously been resurfaced since you road it

  16. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by tonykara
    its abit rough but thats due to the exposed aggregate surface. it has obviously been resurfaced since you road it

    actually a (bleerily) remember it being finished and like glass
    But its all a blur.

    How about calling it the 'gravytrain' 😄

  17. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by flyingdutch
    actually a (bleerily) remember it being finished and like glass
    But its all a blur.

    How about calling it the 'gravytrain' 😄

    doesnt anyone work here? 😕

  18. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by tonykara
    doesnt anyone work here? 😕

    Yep. Im working on my posting count! 😄 😄 😄

    "I ride to work
    I work to ride"

  19. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by flyingdutch
    Yep. Im working on my posting count! 😄 😄 😄
    "I ride to work
    I work to ride"

    I ride to work
    I work to post

    hippy ;-)

  20. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by hippy
    I ride to work
    I work to post

    hippy ;-)

    touche, oh grasshopper

    (or should that be master? my memory of that david carradine series is rather blurry... )

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.