Bunch ride

tonykara

New Member
Jun 9, 2004
my week end ride is Templestowe-Panton Hill-Heidelberg-BoxHill-Templestowe.
my mates are all beach road buffs and wont venture inland beacause its too hilly.....SOFT......so im looking for riders keen to join in.

tonykara wrote:
> my week end ride is Templestowe-Panton Hill-Heidelberg-BoxHill-
> Templestowe. my mates are all beach road buffs and wont
> venture inland beacause its too hilly.....SOFT......so im
> looking for riders keen to join in.

I'm in Bulleen so a Templestowe start/finish sounds good to
me, but I'm pretty slow and would only be able to fit it in
occasionally depending on family commitments (maybe every
couple of weeks). But I like the sound of that. Especially
seeing I was considering a ride out to Whittlesea but your
route sounds much better. DaveB

Originally posted by Daveb
tonykara wrote:
> my week end ride is Templestowe-Panton Hill-Heidelberg-BoxHill-
> Templestowe. my mates are all beach road buffs and wont
> venture inland beacause its too hilly.....SOFT......so im
> looking for riders keen to join in.

I'm in Bulleen so a Templestowe start/finish sounds good to
me, but I'm pretty slow and would only be able to fit it in
occasionally depending on family commitments (maybe every
couple of weeks). But I like the sound of that. Especially
seeing I was considering a ride out to Whittlesea but your
route sounds much better. DaveB

dont worry, im not exactly a candidate for the yellow jersey either. send me a private message and we can maybe organise a ride for next week

Originally posted by tonykara
dont worry, im not exactly a candidate for the yellow jersey either. send me a private message and we can maybe organise a ride for next week

What time do you set out and finish by?

Im way bored with Beach Rd and heading north appeals as East is just too crappy in my area (North Boring, I mean Balwyn)

Originally posted by flyingdutch
What time do you set out and finish by?

Im way bored with Beach Rd and heading north appeals as East is just too crappy in my area (North Boring, I mean Balwyn)

Depends on how big a Friday night ive had.....:D......Normally leave Lower Templestowe around 8AM but day break would be better....say 7:15

Originally posted by tonykara
Depends on how big a Friday night ive had.....:D......Normally leave Lower Templestowe around 8AM but day break would be better....say 7:15

Yah. Im earlier-the-better, but Im a Sunday mornin rider as its kids' Tennis on Saturday morning (and one of em better turn out to be the next steffiGraf or Im throwing away riding time for nought!)

Originally posted by flyingdutch

and one of em better turn out to be the next steffiGraf or Im throwing away riding time for nought!

Why Graff when they can be Williams sisters? ;)

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Yah. Im earlier-the-better, but Im a Sunday mornin rider as its kids' Tennis on Saturday morning (and one of em better turn out to be the next steffiGraf or Im throwing away riding time for nought!)

Saturday or Sunday, all good to me. now to organise a meeting point.

Originally posted by tonykara
Saturday or Sunday, all good to me. now to organise a meeting point.

I can head over your way this Sunday

Which route do you take? not that familiar with out that way. could be an adventure

Anyone else up for this?
Howabout starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??

Originally posted by flyingdutch
I can head over your way this Sunday

Which route do you take? not that familiar with out that way. could be an adventure

Anyone else up for this?
Howabout starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??

How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road Bulleen?
We will head up Mannigham Rd-Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd-cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

flyingdutch wrote:
> tonykara wrote:
> > Depends on how big a Friday night ive
> > had.....:D......Normally leave Lower Templestowe
> > around 8AM but day break would be better....say 7:15
>

> Yah. Im earlier-the-better, but Im a Sunday mornin rider
> as its kids' Tennis on Saturday morning (and one of em
> better turn out to be the next steffiGraf or Im throwing
> away riding time for nought!)

Yep Sunday is good for me too, ballet on Saturday (my
daughter's not me).

DaveB

tonykara wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > I can head over your way this Sunday Which route do
> > you take? not that familiar with out that way. could
> > be an adventure Anyone else up for this? Howabout
> > starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??
>

> How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham &
> Thompsons Road Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-
> Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd- cross the river-head to
> Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-
> Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be
able to leave home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature
reserve on the north-west of the intersection.

DaveB

Originally posted by Daveb
tonykara wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > I can head over your way this Sunday Which route do
> > you take? not that familiar with out that way. could
> > be an adventure Anyone else up for this? Howabout
> > starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??
>

> How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham &
> Thompsons Road Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-
> Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd- cross the river-head to
> Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-
> Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be
able to leave home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature
reserve on the north-west of the intersection.

DaveB

Great see you guys there. I will be the guy on the bike:D ....sorry i meant the yellow giant.

cheers

Originally posted by tonykara
How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road Bulleen?
We will head up Mannigham Rd-Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd-cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

After all my big words 'her-indoors' informs me we're off to RedHill on Saturday, so looks like Im riding there on Saturday morning after all!
Anyone up for it?

Originally posted by flyingdutch
After all my big words 'her-indoors' informs me we're off to RedHill on Saturday, so looks like Im riding there on Saturday morning after all!
Anyone up for it?

Thats one hell of a hill! will give a miss this time. maybe another time. i will opt for St. Andrews this Sunday

Originally posted by tonykara
Thats one hell of a hill! will give a miss this time. maybe another time. i will opt for St. Andrews this Sunday

It aint that bad if you avoid Whites Road and go the 'back way'

(go along whatever that main road with bike lane is whilst heading west, turn left onto RedHill turnoff, White Rd, and take immediate left again rather than the long hard and dangerous, Wh Rd)

just gotta remember to eat before hand. was 'bonking real bad when i did it last time about 6 weeks ago!

That sounds like a good ride. How far is it?

I live in Lower Templestowe so that suits me fine.

Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to a riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it becomes a regular thing.

Originally posted by jazmo

Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to a riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it becomes a regular thing.

Ooh. do tell. you OK?

Originally posted by jazmo
That sounds like a good ride. How far is it?

I live in Lower Templestowe so that suits me fine.

Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to a riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it becomes a regular thing.

i have never measured the wole ride but i think its about 70-80Kms but dont hold me to it.hopefully see you when you are back on the road