Bunch ride

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by tonykara, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    my week end ride is Templestowe-Panton Hill-Heidelberg-BoxHill-Templestowe.
    my mates are all beach road buffs and wont venture inland beacause its too hilly.....SOFT......so im looking for riders keen to join in.

    Tags:

  2. Daveb

    Daveb Guest

    tonykara wrote:
    > my week end ride is Templestowe-Panton Hill-Heidelberg-BoxHill-
    > Templestowe. my mates are all beach road buffs and wont
    > venture inland beacause its too hilly.....SOFT......so im
    > looking for riders keen to join in.

    I'm in Bulleen so a Templestowe start/finish sounds good to
    me, but I'm pretty slow and would only be able to fit it in
    occasionally depending on family commitments (maybe every
    couple of weeks). But I like the sound of that. Especially
    seeing I was considering a ride out to Whittlesea but your
    route sounds much better. DaveB

  3. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    dont worry, im not exactly a candidate for the yellow jersey either. send me a private message and we can maybe organise a ride for next week

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    What time do you set out and finish by?

    Im way bored with Beach Rd and heading north appeals as East is just too crappy in my area (North Boring, I mean Balwyn)

  5. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    Depends on how big a Friday night ive had.....:D......Normally leave Lower Templestowe around 8AM but day break would be better....say 7:15

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Yah. Im earlier-the-better, but Im a Sunday mornin rider as its kids' Tennis on Saturday morning (and one of em better turn out to be the next steffiGraf or Im throwing away riding time for nought!)

  7. amirm

    amirm New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2003
    Why Graff when they can be Williams sisters? ;)

  8. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    Saturday or Sunday, all good to me. now to organise a meeting point.

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    We're talkin Aerian genes here! :D

  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    I can head over your way this Sunday

    Which route do you take? not that familiar with out that way. could be an adventure

    Anyone else up for this?
    Howabout starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??

  11. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham & Thompsons Road Bulleen?
    We will head up Mannigham Rd-Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd-cross the river-head to Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

  12. Daveb

    Daveb Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > tonykara wrote:
    > > Depends on how big a Friday night ive
    > > had.....:D......Normally leave Lower Templestowe
    > > around 8AM but day break would be better....say 7:15
    >

    > Yah. Im earlier-the-better, but Im a Sunday mornin rider
    > as its kids' Tennis on Saturday morning (and one of em
    > better turn out to be the next steffiGraf or Im throwing
    > away riding time for nought!)

    Yep Sunday is good for me too, ballet on Saturday (my
    daughter's not me).

    DaveB

  13. Daveb

    Daveb Guest

    tonykara wrote:
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    > > I can head over your way this Sunday Which route do
    > > you take? not that familiar with out that way. could
    > > be an adventure Anyone else up for this? Howabout
    > > starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??
    >

    > How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham &
    > Thompsons Road Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-
    > Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd- cross the river-head to
    > Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-
    > Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

    I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be
    able to leave home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature
    reserve on the north-west of the intersection.

    DaveB

  14. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    Great see you guys there. I will be the guy on the bike:D ....sorry i meant the yellow giant.

    cheers

  15. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    After all my big words 'her-indoors' informs me we're off to RedHill on Saturday, so looks like Im riding there on Saturday morning after all!
    Anyone up for it?

  16. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    Thats one hell of a hill! will give a miss this time. maybe another time. i will opt for St. Andrews this Sunday

  17. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    It aint that bad if you avoid Whites Road and go the 'back way'

    (go along whatever that main road with bike lane is whilst heading west, turn left onto RedHill turnoff, White Rd, and take immediate left again rather than the long hard and dangerous, Wh Rd)

    just gotta remember to eat before hand. was 'bonking real bad when i did it last time about 6 weeks ago!

  18. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    That sounds like a good ride. How far is it?

    I live in Lower Templestowe so that suits me fine.

    Unfortunately I'm out of action for the next seeks weeks or so due to a riding accident so I'll hopefully join you guys for a ride if it becomes a regular thing.

  19. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Ooh. do tell. you OK?

  20. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004

    i have never measured the wole ride but i think its about 70-80Kms but dont hold me to it.hopefully see you when you are back on the road