Bunch ride

Originally posted by Daveb
tonykara wrote:
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > I can head over your way this Sunday Which route do
> > you take? not that familiar with out that way. could
> > be an adventure Anyone else up for this? Howabout
> > starting up a Melb chapter forum ride??
>

> How about 7:15AM Sunday 20 June, Corner Maningham &
> Thompsons Road Bulleen? We will head up Mannigham Rd-
> Doncaster Road-Old Warrandyte Rd- cross the river-head to
> Main Road (Kangaroo Ground)-Panton Hill-Main Rd to Heidelberg-Ivanhoe-
> Belmore Rd-Elgar Rd-Manningham Rd

I'll be there, I've gotta luv that starting point, I'll be
able to leave home at 7:13am. Meet on that bit of nature
reserve on the north-west of the intersection.

DaveB

Dave

due to the **** forecast do we still meet tomorrow morning?

Originally posted by tonykara
due to the **** forecast do we still meet tomorrow morning?

BOM says:

Tonight and Sunday
Squally showers with local hail and thunder tonight. Partly
cloudy tomorrow with further showers and a moderate to
fresh west to southwesterly wind.
Min 7 Max 14

Meh.. it's only showers tomorrow ;)

dutchy - didja still do your ride? I gave my long ride a miss.
It was a nice morning but around midday the heavens opened...
I was busy inside anyway.

hippy

> Dave
>
> due to the **** forecast do we still meet tomorrow
> morning?
>

> --

I'm still up for it, although might want to adjust the
distance depending on the weather (and whether I'm likely to
have a heart attack now that I remember what the hills are
like out that way). I'll be up around 6:30 and as long as
the weather is just for showers I'll be riding. If the
weather is a disaster, eg. patches of pink or red on the
radar loop, I'll drop a message here if I want out.

DaveB

Originally posted by hippy

dutchy - didja still do your ride? I gave my long ride a miss.

wish i were as wise as you;)

"Wont be that bad!" Im convincing myself. House full of snivelling, coughing people. must bail. Besides that's a thumpin North-westerly, BOM says...

Sure enough, cruising down to Mordy with a very nice (if not wild/squally) tailwind.
Gee, aint ridin a bike grand:)

Oh wait. wind has suddenly swung around to a howling Westerly. fighting to keep bike upright. grovelling along at about 22kph. partial respite thru Olivers Hill/Mt Eliza then coming down hill on Sth side to Freeway crossover the wind is so strong Im crawling DOWNHILL at 25kph when i would normally do 60kph down here:
mad: that stretch west to bottom of whites rd was simply the WORST cycling experience EVER!!!
if i had had deep section wheels on i would have taken off. actually had the weird feeling of a tailwind going uphill.
Nothing like that hot shower to reacquaint with one's toes and stop the nose dripping. Red wine and open fireplace never felt sooooo goooood:D

This morning in comparison was just a lovely ride! met some new morning nomads and was introduced to a great ride. Thanks tony and Dave;)

and we even saw kangaroos in Kangaroo Grounds!

and Im betting someone doesnt tell of the bonking to their nutritionist girlfriend:D :D :D

flyingdutch wrote:
> and we even saw kangaroos in Kangaroo Grounds!
>
> and Im betting someone doesnt tell of the bonking to
> their nutritionist girlfriend:D :D :D

Maybe you better clarify for Tony's sake that you meant
bonking in the sporting sense and not int he shenanigans
sense (just in case Tony's girlfriend is keeping an eye on
him in here). Personally I was grateful for the bonking,
otherwise you guys would have left me on the first hill
(knew I was in trouble with a heart rate of 170 5 mins into
the ride).

DaveB

Originally posted by Daveb

Maybe you better clarify for Tony's sake that you meant
bonking in the sporting sense and not int he shenanigans
sense (just in case Tony's girlfriend is keeping an eye on
him in here

Er, quite :D

my mind doesnt tend to wander to such things until at least 9am!

get that 39T and you'll be right

i think watching my heartrate sends my bpm up higher another 10!!

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Er, quite :D

my mind doesnt tend to wander to such things until at least 9am!

get that 39T and you'll be right

i think watching my heartrate sends my bpm up higher another 10!!

im glad it was clarified cos up until today i thought bonking only refered to something people do when they love eachother;) .
you would think that one would learn that no dinner the night before and no breakfast can only mean one thing......nausia.....
apart from that the ride was good, cheers boys.

No ridees last night or today (or probably tomorrow)

Damn spawn have finally passed on their damn lurgy to me.
Curse you, disease-spreading-education-system:mad:

JJJ

Hi Guys,

I live in Doncaster and venture out to beach rd each saturday morning... a bunch ride closer to home would be great!!

Can you let me know the specifics?

thanks,
Bill

Originally posted by kyra
Hi Guys,

I live in Doncaster and venture out to beach rd each saturday morning... a bunch ride closer to home would be great!!

Can you let me know the specifics?

thanks,
Bill

if you are keen, meet at the corner of manningham and thompsons road at 7:15AM this sunday.

Originally posted by tonykara
if you are keen, meet at the corner of manningham and thompsons road at 7:15AM this sunday.

Count me in! :D

3 days of cold/flu-thingy have left me itching to get back on 'the horse' again (not that horse)

eat that dinner, Tony:D

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Count me in! :D

3 days of cold/flu-thingy have left me itching to get back on 'the horse' again (not that horse)

eat that dinner, Tony:D

im greek and my grandmother is staying over....so there is no chance that i will be on my steed without having eaten well the night before and that morning :D

PS: before anyone knocks me for being 25 and having my grandmother stay over to cook for me, just think to yourself......"am i knocking him because i am jelous?" i think so :D

> if you are keen, meet at the corner of manningham and
> thompsons road at
> 7:15AM this sunday.

A mate of mine has worked out a circuit that includes the
Yarra Trail, Mullin Mullin trail and the Eastern Fwy. About
50km all up. I'll be doing that Sunday morning so will miss
the TonyKara hill climbers ride, but will let you know how
this route goes (MTB only though because I understand it's
not all paved trail).

DaveB

Originally posted by tonykara
im greek and my grandmother is staying over....so there is no chance that i will be on my steed without having eaten well the night before and that morning :D

PS: before anyone knocks me for being 25 and having my grandmother stay over to cook for me, just think to yourself......"am i knocking him because i am jelous?" i think so :D

I grew up next to a greek family. Man could they cook!!!
I went out with the daughter bcos of the baclava(?)
(that and she was gorgeous :D )

flyingdutch wrote:

> tonykara wrote:
> > im greek and my grandmother is staying over....so
> > there is no chance that i will be on my steed without
> > having eaten well the night before and that morning :D
> > PS: before anyone knocks me for being 25 and having my
> > grandmother stay over to cook for me, just think
> > to yourself......"am i knocking him because i am
> > jelous?" i think so :D
>
> I grew up next to a greek family. Man could they cook!!! I
> went out with the daughter bcos of the baclava(?) (that
> and she was gorgeous :D )

balaclava? You wore one or she did? On 2nd thoughts I don't
think I want an explanation. ;)

Guys,

I'm in Sydney this weekend, but next Sunday I am 100% in for this ride... I'm very excited to be riding with people so close to home!! haha.

As for baclava... it is an awesome greek desert...lots of custard!! yum... you wonder why greek females have hips! ha.

Let me know how the ride this Sunday goes...

Cheers,
Bill

> I grew up next to a greek family. Man could they cook!!! I went out
> with the daughter bcos of the baclava(?) (that and she was gorgeous
> :D )

Hmmmmmm, marinated lamb. Best feast I ever attended was a
Greek christening. Passed one on a run the other week which
stopped me in my tracks.

DaveB

Originally posted by Daveb
> I grew up next to a greek family. Man could they cook!!! I went out
> with the daughter bcos of the baclava(?) (that and she was gorgeous
> :D )

Hmmmmmm, marinated lamb. Best feast I ever attended was a
Greek christening. Passed one on a run the other week which
stopped me in my tracks.

DaveB

mmmmmmmmm. lamb spit roast

So what if the olympics are gonna be 'interesting'. Just pass the lamb....