Bunch Sprint??

Davey Crockett

Guest
Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?

Wrong?
--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

"Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:87ad86a0rr.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com. ..
> Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?

Nah, looks like Frigo & Co. are going to blow the peloton apart. I predict this will split the
field, then there will be a regrouping of mostly top riders and super-domestiques around lap 17
or 18, then a final attack with a small group of 3-4 going across the line within seconds of
each other.

Hoping Boonen can get himself a podium spot, authough the course isn't exactly ideally suited to his
strengths.

- BA

> Wrong?
> --
> le vent a Dos
>
> Davey Crockett

"The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> ..
> > Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?
>
> Nah, looks like Frigo & Co. are going to blow the peloton apart.

Ok so I was wrong.

- BA

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> writes:

> Van Petegem was of the opinion that it would come down to a mass sprint finish. Time and laps
> will tell.

Steve Bauer just came on.

He doesn't think it will be a mass sprint.

And let's face it, Steve knows. He's a master tactician.

Witness him putting the boots to Criquelion in Ronsse in 1988 so that Fondriest could sneak by
for the win.

--
le vent a Dos

Davey Crockett

"The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > ..
> > > Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?
> >
> > Nah, looks like Frigo & Co. are going to blow the peloton apart.
>
> Ok so I was wrong.

Dumbass -

Ya you were wrong, because the peloton is not likely to blow itself apart with 115 km to go.

"Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:87brsm8j2h.fsf@cpe0050da66e294-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com.. .
> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Van Petegem was of the opinion that it would come down to a mass sprint finish. Time and laps
> > will tell.
> >
> Steve Bauer just came on.
>
> He doesn't think it will be a mass sprint.
>
> And let's face it, Steve knows. He's a master tactician.
>
> Witness him putting the boots to Criquelion in Ronsse in 1988 so that Fondriest could sneak by for
> the win.

Dumbass -

Don't forget him losing to Eddy Planckaert in Paris-Roubaix by 1 millimeter when Eddy threw his bike
and he didn't. Or letting Alexi Grewal sit on for 5 miles before the finish at the 1984 Olympics.
Finally there's the 60 degree seat tube angle.

Bauer clearly is the smartest rider ever.

> "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > Dumbass -
> > >
> > > Ya you were wrong, because the peloton is not likely to blow itself
apart
> > > with 115 km to go.
> >
> > Minor details...
>

> Dumbass -
>
> You can start getting excited after they've covered 200km, when most of
the
> support riders have been used up.

Too much coffee this morning.

Such a shame there is no televized coverage. I expected better from OLN after their great TdF
showing and decent Vuelta coverage.

- BA