Bunch Sprint??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?

    Wrong?
    --
    le vent a Dos

    Davey Crockett

    Tags:

  2. "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com. ..
    > Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?

    Nah, looks like Frigo & Co. are going to blow the peloton apart. I predict this will split the
    field, then there will be a regrouping of mostly top riders and super-domestiques around lap 17
    or 18, then a final attack with a small group of 3-4 going across the line within seconds of
    each other.

    Hoping Boonen can get himself a podium spot, authough the course isn't exactly ideally suited to his
    strengths.

    - BA

    > Wrong?
    > --
    > le vent a Dos
    >
    > Davey Crockett

  3. "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:[email protected]rs.com.
    > ..
    > > Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?
    >
    > Nah, looks like Frigo & Co. are going to blow the peloton apart.

    Ok so I was wrong.

    - BA

    I predict
    > this will split the field, then there will be a regrouping of mostly top riders and
    > super-domestiques around lap 17 or 18, then a final attack with
    > small group of 3-4 going across the line within seconds of each other.
    >
    > Hoping Boonen can get himself a podium spot, authough the course isn't exactly ideally suited to
    > his strengths.
    >
    > - BA
    >
    > > Wrong?
    > > --
    > > le vent a Dos
    > >
    > > Davey Crockett

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Van Petegem was of the opinion that it would come down to a mass sprint finish. Time and laps
    will tell.

  5. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Van Petegem was of the opinion that it would come down to a mass sprint finish. Time and laps
    > will tell.

    Steve Bauer just came on.

    He doesn't think it will be a mass sprint.

    And let's face it, Steve knows. He's a master tactician.

    Witness him putting the boots to Criquelion in Ronsse in 1988 so that Fondriest could sneak by
    for the win.

    --
    le vent a Dos

    Davey Crockett

  6. "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:[email protected]rs.com.
    > > ..
    > > > Gonna come down to a mass charge for the line, right?
    > >
    > > Nah, looks like Frigo & Co. are going to blow the peloton apart.
    >
    > Ok so I was wrong.

    Dumbass -

    Ya you were wrong, because the peloton is not likely to blow itself apart with 115 km to go.

  7. "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com.. .
    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > Van Petegem was of the opinion that it would come down to a mass sprint finish. Time and laps
    > > will tell.
    > >
    > Steve Bauer just came on.
    >
    > He doesn't think it will be a mass sprint.
    >
    > And let's face it, Steve knows. He's a master tactician.
    >
    > Witness him putting the boots to Criquelion in Ronsse in 1988 so that Fondriest could sneak by for
    > the win.

    Dumbass -

    Don't forget him losing to Eddy Planckaert in Paris-Roubaix by 1 millimeter when Eddy threw his bike
    and he didn't. Or letting Alexi Grewal sit on for 5 miles before the finish at the 1984 Olympics.
    Finally there's the 60 degree seat tube angle.

    Bauer clearly is the smartest rider ever.

  8. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:QHfib.7730$[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "The Black Adder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    news:[email protected]rs.com.

    > > > Dumbass -
    > > >
    > > > Ya you were wrong, because the peloton is not likely to blow itself
    apart
    > > > with 115 km to go.
    > >
    > > Minor details...
    >

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > You can start getting excited after they've covered 200km, when most of
    the
    > support riders have been used up.

    Too much coffee this morning.

    Such a shame there is no televized coverage. I expected better from OLN after their great TdF
    showing and decent Vuelta coverage.

    - BA