Bunn model GRW 8 cup coffee maker

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Franfogel, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Franfogel

    Franfogel Guest

    I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I Googled, but
    couldn't find this particular model on any of the kitchenware websites. I
    wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a respected name in coffee makers.
    The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a reservoir,
    so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally ditch my
    ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.

    Fran

    Tags:

  2. scrooge

    scrooge Guest

    Franfogel wrote:
    > I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I

    Googled, but
    > couldn't find this particular model on any of the kitchenware

    websites. I
    > wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a respected name in

    coffee makers.
    > The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a

    reservoir,
    > so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally

    ditch my
    > ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.
    >
    > Fran

    We had a 10 cup Bunn (sorry I don't recall the model #, and it's 1,050
    miles from here... Bought it partly because of the constant hot water
    feature, which we never used. We had it for several years, then one day
    it got tired and quit.

    It did make great coffee quickly, though, and the only thing between me
    and a new one was the $100. cost. We got a cheaper (name unknow)
    electronic controlled one which we're also satisfied with.

    Scrooge

  3. On Mon 10 Jan 2005 02:19:25p, Franfogel tittered and giggled, and giggled
    and tittered, and finally blurted out...

    > I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I
    > Googled, but couldn't find this particular model on any of the
    > kitchenware websites. I wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is a
    > respected name in coffee makers.
    > The main feature of this model is that it keeps the water hot in a
    > reservoir,
    > so the 8 cups brew in three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally
    > ditch my ancient Norelco? Thanks for your input.
    >
    > Fran

    Bunn is a good product, and most of the machines I'm familiar with make good
    coffee. If you don't make coffee frequently (at least daily), however, the
    stored hot water goes stale.

    Wayne

  4. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    Franfogel wrote:
    > I just picked up one of these in a thrift shop--new in the box. I
    > Googled, but couldn't find this particular model on any of the
    > kitchenware websites. I wondered if anyone has one of these--Bunn is
    > a respected name in coffee makers. The main feature of this model is
    > that it keeps the water hot in a reservoir, so the 8 cups brew in
    > three minutes. Should I keep this, and finally ditch my ancient
    > Norelco? Thanks for your input.
    >
    > Fran

    My husband is a BUNN freak. He nearly cried when his old one ('50's-ish
    model) started leaking water so what did I do for him for this Christmas? I
    bought him a Bunn. I cringed at the steep $100, I mean, after all, IMO a
    coffee maker is a coffee maker, right? I dunno. Anyway...........He won't
    let me use hot water from the ta, I have to use it from the Bunn because he
    claims that all kinds of particles that sit in the bottom of your hot water
    heater get in your food. Whatever.

    He was very happy with his Christmas present, but to me, as I said, a coffee
    maker is a coffee maker. I just now have a very expensive coffee maker -
    and I don't even drink coffee.

    kili