Burke Gilman Trail --- ) Ballard Link

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Golightly F., May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golightly F.

    Golightly F. Guest

    And they want to link the Burke Gilman trail to Ballard and Golden Gardens... thru a business
    community.

    Ha...

    It will not work...

    Today I witnessed a bicyclist on the Burke Gilman trail run a red light at Kenmore... almost get hit
    buy a car turning left over the trail ...on a green light. When the car honks at the bicyclist and
    points to the red light that "she" just ran. She gives the figure to the driver of the car.

    What is it that cause bicyclists the right to break the laws of a community... then with the brains
    of a field mouse... give members of the community a rather the one fingers salute.

    Unbelievable...
     
    Tags:


  2. "Golightly F." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:N_cAa.14507[email protected]...
    > And they want to link the Burke Gilman trail to Ballard and Golden Gardens... thru a business
    > community.
    >
    > Ha...
    >
    > It will not work...
    >
    > Today I witnessed a bicyclist on the Burke Gilman trail run a red light
    at
    > Kenmore... almost get hit buy a car turning left over the trail ...on a green light. When the car
    > honks at the bicyclist and points to the red light that "she" just ran. She gives the figure to
    > the driver of the
    car.
    >
    > What is it that cause bicyclists the right to break the laws of a community... then with the
    > brains of a field mouse... give members of the community a rather the one fingers salute.
    >
    > Unbelievable...
    >

    It is unbelievable. I think it has nothing to do with the mode of transport though, rather it's a
    certain selfish inconsiderate mindset that is fairly prevalent. It would not surprise me if that
    same person flips bicyclists off who are "in her way" when she's driving a motor vehicle.
     
  3. Arous

    Arous Guest

    The Burke Gilman link to Ballard would be nice but the reality of the situation is that there is
    simply too many business' and too much big traffic...I don't care to get run over by a cement
    truck...It's bad enough to have to deal with the SUV idiots...but cement trucks...please!

    That part of Ballard is a place of business and the business owners have a right to bitch about this
    stupid proposal...It's not good for business and it's not good for cyclists...at the moment.

    One day as Ballard changes from the blue collar to yuppie this will happen but it shouldn't happen
    now. I've ridden Burke Gilman many times and I never fail to be amazed at how stupid my fellow
    cyclists can be, and how inconsiderate too!.

    My two cents, Arous

    "Golightly F." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > And they want to link the Burke Gilman trail to Ballard and Golden Gardens... thru a business
    > community.
    >
    > Ha...
    >
    > It will not work...
    >
    > Today I witnessed a bicyclist on the Burke Gilman trail run a red light at Kenmore... almost get
    > hit buy a car turning left over the trail ...on a green light. When the car honks at the bicyclist
    > and points to the red light that "she" just ran. She gives the figure to the driver of the car.
    >
    > What is it that cause bicyclists the right to break the laws of a community... then with the
    > brains of a field mouse... give members of the community a rather the one fingers salute.
    >
    > Unbelievable...
    >
    >
     
  4. dennisg

    dennisg New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2003
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think having the B-G trail run through Ballard is a lot better than NOT having a trail running through Ballard. Cyclists will be a lot safer on the trail than they would on the streets.
     
  5. Golightly F.

    Golightly F. Guest

    "Arous" <[email protected]>
    > One day as Ballard changes from the blue collar to yuppie this will happen but it shouldn't happen
    > now. I've ridden Burke Gilman many times and I
    never
    > fail to be amazed at how stupid my fellow cyclists can be, and how inconsiderate too!.

    Why is it that a bicycle gives so many... the license to be stupid?

    Yes there are stupid auto drivers ...and stupid SUV drivers... the SUV and cell phone is a dangerous
    combination for sure... but the bicyclist stands out... more than any other for being totally
    oblivious to laws... and yes it amazing how inconsiderate "some" cyclists can be.

    fwiw
     
  6. "Golightly F." wrote:

    > "Arous" <[email protected]>
    > > One day as Ballard changes from the blue collar to yuppie this will happen but it shouldn't
    > > happen now. I've ridden Burke Gilman many times and I never fail to be amazed at how stupid my
    > > fellow cyclists can be, and how inconsiderate too!.
    >
    > Why is it that a bicycle gives so many... the license to be stupid?

    Perhaps some states have a "stoopit" license option for additional cost?

    > Yes there are stupid auto drivers ...and stupid SUV drivers... the SUV and cell phone is a
    > dangerous combination for sure... but the bicyclist stands out... more than any other for being
    > totally oblivious to laws... and yes it amazing how inconsiderate "some" cyclists can be.

    Wonder if those same inconsiderate cyclists become inconsiderate motorists when in their cars? Or
    inconsiderate pedestrians when afoot?

    No matter I suppose. Just do your best to stay clear of them when they publicly identify themselves
    on road or sidewalk.

    SMH
     
  7. Bri

    Bri Guest

    I've noticed that lots of people in Washington state are just not good drivers for some reason.
    Cars, Trucks, Bikes or whatever, even pedestrians seem oblivious to the dangers to them. Ever notice
    how many walk right down the middle of the street or down the center of parking lot lanes? Maybe
    it's the dismal weather or the northern latitude? All you can do is be aware that there are a lot of
    lamers here and watch out for them. L8R, Brian in Des Moines WA.

    "Golightly F." wrote:
    >
    > And they want to link the Burke Gilman trail to Ballard and Golden Gardens... thru a business
    > community.
    >
    > Ha...
    >
    > It will not work...
    >
    > Today I witnessed a bicyclist on the Burke Gilman trail run a red light at Kenmore... almost get
    > hit buy a car turning left over the trail ...on a green light. When the car honks at the bicyclist
    > and points to the red light that "she" just ran. She gives the figure to the driver of the car.
    >
    > What is it that cause bicyclists the right to break the laws of a community... then with the
    > brains of a field mouse... give members of the community a rather the one fingers salute.
    >
    > Unbelievable...
     
  8. Dane Jackson

    Dane Jackson Guest

    Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote:
    > I've noticed that lots of people in Washington state are just not good drivers for some reason.
    > Cars, Trucks, Bikes or whatever, even pedestrians seem oblivious to the dangers to them. Ever
    > notice how many walk right down the middle of the street or down the center of parking lot lanes?
    > Maybe it's the dismal weather or the northern latitude? All you can do is be aware that there are
    > a lot of lamers here and watch out for them. L8R, Brian in Des Moines WA.

    Hah! I've been living here for about three years. And I have to say the people in Washington are far
    superior to my previous place of residence (Cincinnati [1]). I lost count of the number of times I
    was almost sideswiped because of people changing lanes without looking.

    Drivers in Washington are reasonably decent, I've seen better, I've seen worse.

    [1] A few years ago, some statistics came out that Cincinnati had the highest accident rate in Ohio.
    A great many of us were *not* surprised.

    --
    Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g "My country, right or wrong" is a thing
    that no patriot would think of saying, except in a desperate case. It is like saying "My mother,
    drunk or sober." - G.K. Chesterton, "The Defendant"
     
  9. Bri

    Bri Guest

    OK I'll take your word for it, I've never been to Cincinnati. I grew up in So Cal, Huntington Beach,
    "Pre Nazi version" and people drove very well back then in the 70's, I've heard that it's gotten bad
    there too now though.

    Dane Jackson wrote:
    >
    > Bri <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote:
    > > I've noticed that lots of people in Washington state are just not good drivers for some reason.
    > > Cars, Trucks, Bikes or whatever, even pedestrians seem oblivious to the dangers to them. Ever
    > > notice how many walk right down the middle of the street or down the center of parking lot
    > > lanes? Maybe it's the dismal weather or the northern latitude? All you can do is be aware that
    > > there are a lot of lamers here and watch out for them. L8R, Brian in Des Moines WA.
    >
    > Hah! I've been living here for about three years. And I have to say the people in Washington are
    > far superior to my previous place of residence (Cincinnati [1]). I lost count of the number of
    > times I was almost sideswiped because of people changing lanes without looking.
    >
    > Drivers in Washington are reasonably decent, I've seen better, I've seen worse.
    >
    > [1] A few years ago, some statistics came out that Cincinnati had the highest accident rate in
    > Ohio. A great many of us were *not* surprised.
    >
    > --
    > Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g "My country, right or wrong" is a thing
    > that no patriot would think of saying, except in a desperate case. It is like saying "My mother,
    > drunk or sober." - G.K. Chesterton, "The Defendant"
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...