Burke Gilman Trail --- ) Seattle

Golightly F.

Guest
King County Police have notified the City of Lake Forest Park that they will begin patrolling the
Burke Gilman Trail, this Saturday, for speeders and other bicycle violations.

fwiw

There's actually a speed limit here on bikes? The question is, if bicycle riders are able to break
the limit, how could a fat-assed, doughnut-chomping cop on a mountain bike, loaded with battle gear,
possibly catch up to them?

Steve McDonald

In article <[email protected]>, Steve McDonald wrote:

> There's actually a speed limit here on bikes? The question is, if bicycle riders are able to
> break the limit, how could a fat-assed, doughnut-chomping cop on a mountain bike, loaded with
> battle gear, possibly catch up to them?

Maybe they have two, one who measures speeds and radios ahead to a second? A bit of overkill,
perhaps. They also probably count on most people just stopping when told.

-- Dan

--
Dan Cosley ([email protected] * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/) GroupLens Research
Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372) *** Just a foot soldier in the Army

"Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
> There's actually a speed limit here on bikes?

15 MPH

> The question is, if bicycle riders are able to break the limit, how could a fat-assed,
> doughnut-chomping cop on a mountain bike, loaded with battle gear, possibly catch up to them?

What catch some freak dressed up like a clown in queer gear... runnin' red lights... blowin' stop
signs... trainin' for his/her next race on a multi-purpose trail. I've got my money on the "doughnut
chomping cops". It's about time the Lance Armstrong wannabees... got what they deserve.

(The initial posting was a quote from a Burke Gilman Trail mailing list.)

fwiw

### On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:40:08 GMT, [email protected] (Steve McDonald) [SM] casually decided
### to expound upon rec.bicycles.misc the following thoughts about Re: Burke Gilman Trail --- >
### Seattle:

SM> There's actually a speed limit here on bikes?

I believe for most of the B-G the speed limit is 15MPH. However, if you're on the SRT extension and
happen to be heading into Redmond, you'll also notice a posted speed limit sign of 10MPH. I remember
seeing one of those "Speed Limit 15MPH - You speed is XX MPH" radar units placed eastbound on the
SRT just as you're heading into Redmond.

SM> The question is, if bicycle riders are able to break the limit, how could a fat-assed,
SM> doughnut-chomping cop on a mountain bike, loaded with battle gear, possibly catch up to them?

Some of the bike cops around here are far from slow.

--
| Packet Plumber, Network Engineers /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- | for Effective Bandwidth
| Utilisation / |/ [_ [_ |) |_| N E T W O R K S |