burley seat stays

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Thankschub, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Thankschub

    Thankschub Guest

    I ride a Burley Django which I like very much. I'm considering buying the seat stays,and would
    appreciate any comments from current users. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    I ride a Canto and have found the seat stays add stability to the seat back. However, you should realize that they make seat adjustment a little more difficult. Not only do you have to move the seat, but you have to adjust the seat stays too.

    Since I keep my seat in the same position, it's no problem. You can use the seat stays and still have a bike rack.

    I'm glad I got mine.

    Ben

  3. Rod Dabe

    Rod Dabe Guest

    By all means get them. I had a riding partner tell me early on that my seat back was moving a good
    2-3 inches at the top when I was powering. We don't need to move the seat back, we need to move
    the pedals.

    rod

  4. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    they improve the speed and flex of the seat greatly, with little loss in comfort, i'd highly
    recommend them for performance.

    thankschub wrote:
    > I ride a Burley Django which I like very much. I'm considering buying the seat stays,and would
    > appreciate any comments from current users. Thanks

  5. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    IMHO Burley should include the stays as part of the sale of the bike and give you the option to
    remove them if you wish. Peolple comment that the Burley's are more sluggish than other recumbents
    -- I think that part of the reason is that there are no stays. Burley should have included the stays
    right off the bat. Now they have this reputation of not being as fast as they could be.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:59:02 -0400, "Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >IMHO Burley should include the stays as part of the sale of the bike
    and
    >give you the option to remove them if you wish. Peolple comment that the Burley's are more sluggish
    >than other
    recumbents --
    >I think that part of the reason is that there are no stays. Burley should have included the stays
    >right off the bat. Now they
    have this
    >reputation of not being as fast as they could be.
    >
    >"thankschub" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I ride a Burley Django which I like very much. I'm considering
    buying
    >> the seat stays,and would appreciate any comments from current
    users.
    >> Thanks

    While we're on the subject of Burley seats....

    Anyone having trouble with the seat slipping? I set mine and then set the QRs nearly as tight as
    they'll go, yet I find the seat slides on the rails every time.

    Maybe the seat stays will help alleviate this problem?

    Glenn 2002 Burley HepCat remove .invalid from e-mail address when replying

  7. Laurie Brown

    Laurie Brown Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Glenn Ziolkowski <[email protected]> wrote:

    > While we're on the subject of Burley seats....
    >
    > Anyone having trouble with the seat slipping? I set mine and then set the QRs nearly as tight as
    > they'll go, yet I find the seat slides on the rails every time.

    I checked out the new 2003 Burley Hepcat's - looks like they fixed this buy changing out the plastic
    seat blocks with metal ones (where the seat attaches to the rail). I sent them an email (through the
    contact on the website) and got the replacement parts in about 3 days.

    This fixed the slipping problem as far as I can tell (it decided to snow again - have to wait for a
    break in the wx to see if it is completly fixed)

    You might want to try that...

    Laurie Burley Hepcat 2002

  8. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    I have a 2003 modified Canto which I ordered seat stays with the bike. My initial test ride of the
    bike indicated that I did not want to be without them. The stays do not allow me to bounce on the
    seat back as I did on the test ride. They stiffen the ride a bit but does not make it uncomfortable.

    I say get them.

    Derek